The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
It’s amazing. Football and City’s exploits have really distracted me through lockdown and work. Going for a quadruple until yesterday and my stomach being in a knot for games has been a great ride. Been posting on the pre match Villa thread and speculating about that and the final afterwards.
With one bit of news I’m almost disenfranchised.

So have UEFA though.
Think this is spot on. Citys best self-interest is probably getting into the boys club in the super league.

Its a shame the murder of domestic football will be the price, but hey atleast we didnt instigate it. All though we probably will get the blame for this as well, even though Perez and the pathetic yanks have their fingerprints all over the scene

But Europe is the only place to play football at the top level. Latin American leagues might not have a wage cap, or a limit to the wages:turnover ratio, but there is (for now) nowhere near enough money in their league system to remotely compete with Europe. Not sure about the MLS though, to be fair. Anyway what I mean is clearly this super league isn't proposing a literal wage cap, but a limit to spending will have a similar effect.
Correct, it may not be called a salary cap but a limit on what percentage of revenue can be spent on players wages is a still a salary cap.

I See this is already being twisted as the only way clubs like Liverpool and Milan can compete due to our spending, ycmiu

These teams are gonna have to have huge squads of players and the quality in games will suffer as we seen on sat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.