The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Now it becomes clear why City have had "the rub of the green" in this years Champions League?
Bribe to enter the new competition?

I went to sleep fuming about this and have woken feeling the same.

If these clubs don't like the UEFA CL model. If they don't like the cut that UEFA take from the clubs. Fine, none of us have any love for UEFA. Come together as a whole and introduce something else, something that works for the majority and not just the few. Create the Super League, lets have the format being suggested, but do it with participation based on sporting merit. Who are these people to decide that they/we are the elite, and only the 15 get to play and everyone else can sod off?

£300m to the same 15 clubs every season and zero hope for anyone else to break into it. How is that even remotely right? This is sport. Its about competition and the belief that everyone has a chance to achieve. Who is going to invest in clubs now, when there is zero chance of ever breaking into the elite? If this had happened 15 years ago, you can wipe the Aguero moment from existence because under these plans, he would have never been at the club to begin with. These founder members, are robbing every other club and their fans of the potential of ever having their own Aguero moment and it is downright wrong.

I don't know who, if anyone has the power to stop this. My gut feeling is that UEFA/FIFA can do frig all. The other clubs can't, because from a Premier League standpoint, the other clubs need the 6 to be in the Prem, for them to have a product and to survive. I don't think it is government policy to intervene in sport but in this instance they need to make an exception.

People saying the player's might not like it, wtf the player's will earn a lot more money through advertising and sponsors
But may not be able to play for their national sides, we'll see if that really bothers them or whether it's all about ££££££££££

Having thought long and hard about this, I`ve come to the conclusion that joining this motley group of treacherous cunts is unfortunately the only thing we could do.

If we had said no, another team next in line would have more than likely said yes. That would have left us in a league with less financial might. We would be bled of our best players and the best manager in the league would follow the money. The financial backing and sponsership would follow.

The only thing that would STOP me attending games is if we had some form of closed European League and Premier League. The line in the sand for me is the closing of the proposed league to promotion and relegation.

The club has been here before back in the 90s with the Premier league. The big 6 got a bigger share of the tv money than the other founding members of the premier league which wasn’t exactly fair. There would have been opposition to that but reluctantly we have to be inside the tent.

If you were Mansour and Khaldoon the bottom line is you protect your asset. Saying no would have left the invite going elsewhere.

The thing I can’t get my head around is the 6 invites for the premier league clubs being more than what other countries got. What must Atletico Madrid be thinking who have been mainstays in getting to the latter stages of the champions league over the last few years. Everton building a new stadium and showing some ambition, should they even bother now as it won’t see top level European football.

It’s scary our owners have jumped into bed with the Glazers and Fenway sport. They cannot be trusted and this super league will make sure it benefits them more than it does us.

..... We would be pro a super league I’m sure but in this format it is designed to keep Madrid, United, Liverpool, Barcelona, Munich, juve strong and fuck everybody else
Yup, you might feel that your club is being a "fondling member" (fnar fnar) but you are not, there are details of this that limit the power that helped you get a leg up.

This deal is in spite of you, not for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.