The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I get that sports sometimes have to evolve. Football has seen it's fair share of changes over the years. I do however feel that a very serious line is about to crossed. To have X amount of clubs unable to be relegated from a competition stabs at the very heart of competitive football. I don't accept that the current situation in football is so desperately dire that a super league is the only solution. I don't accept that there are no good ideas to try and level the playing field again for the majority of clubs. That you need a billionaire sugar daddy to compete at the top. To at least try and share the enormous wealth the sport generates for the good of competition and the good of the fans. That a small handful of clubs hold so much power that they will be allowed to ride roughshod over a sport that has existed in more or less it's current form for over a century.

The saddest part is that no matter how shit this idea, give it 10/15 maybe 20 years, and it will be completely normal. New generation of players, new generation of fans. Bluemoon will probably be busier than ever. Just like the PL money. Just like the CL money. Super league money and 'top club' status will be normalised and solidified. If this isn't stamped out now the sport as we know it is gone for good.

I am curious to see if they even stay this course though. The backlash today (so far) has been overwhelming. Doesn't feel like a very good day to be a football fan.

So basically JP Morgan have offered £4.5 Billionish to finance this, hence it’s all about money and wherever the money is. for our owners thats change down the back of the sofa, so why not blow the fuckers out of water and make a rival bid? Shift the balance of power away from the yank owned clubs? Football sold its soul decades if not a century ago, be funny as fuck to watch them all come grovelling to our owners.
Chelsea City PSG Bayern and all other clubs could have come together asked for greater power in UEFA and should have rivalled this shit.Its not that only US has money,Money can come from middle east too.Would have been massive PR Boost we could have got stronger position in UEFA current format may have stayed and power would have shifted away from traditional clubs at one go.How didnt they not calculate Govt actions player revolt and FIFA action even if they dont care about fans

If it doesn't happen, and if it was never going to happen, it's even more baffling that we would put our name in with the Cartel with this... what are we playing at if this isn't even going to happen?!
It's my guess we want to screw UEFA for more CL cash, or possibly more CL favours. Guaranteed place in the top two pots etc. I just hope I'm right as I don't think we have enough tourist fans to fill the gaps left by the protesters.

If it doesn't happen, and if it was never going to happen, it's even more baffling that we would put our name in with the Cartel with this... what are we playing at if this isn't even going to happen?!
Yes. This is serious. You don't source external financing and a broadcaster if you only intend to leverage UEFA. You don't have Agnelli and Woodward resign and lose their influence with UEFA if you intend to increase your influence over UEFA. You don't have teams leave the ECA if you only intend to leverage UEFA. If you do it as publicly as this then you can never use this option again if you only intend to leverage UEFA.

The only thing that stops this happening is a successful legal challenge (I'm not sure how that looks at the moment). And if UEFA and the PL want to take on the ESL clubs in court, who do we really think will come out on top?

there is no more club. They've broken their side of the agreement.

There are owners of a business.
Oh there is. It's still there in all it's glory, still in the hunt for 3 trophies, still with the best manager in the world and still with the best players in the world. Entering a new competition doesn't change any of that.

You know what, I would deduct enough points from each of these clubs to ensure they fail to qualify for any European football next season.

All 6 teams can go and fuck themselves.
-25 so that thyecant win PL and 5 year ban from CL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.