The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
All ive heard from Rags at work this morning is 'Us and Liverpool,with our history,should know better than selling our soul'

Yep,seriously.....they really have no self awareness whatsoever.
They don't do irony mate ,they are far too thick for that.

The difference with us and them is, we still actually have a soul.

Our support base is made up of mostly of local, working class people, fans who really care about the Club. Entire families of Blues that go back generations.

I always find it funny when they use the derogatory term "Plastics"

When this is essentially their fan support bases in a Nut Shell.

Home games consist of traffic Jams on the M6,and Ryan Air Flights from Ireland.

Where as ours it is grid lock on Princess Parkway and M60.

The top execs who imposed fines and bans on us and bemoaned us for doing what all the other clubs do, have resigned from Uefa and became the leaders of this new project...

Surely that in itself is a red flag to the club? We also don't have a representative on the board whereas Utd, Juve etc do. We have just won in court against Uefa FFP legislation, and now this competition includes what sounds like even stricter FFP legislation.

To top it all off, it will be an uncompetitive league. If you lose your first 4 games your season is over and you have nothing to lose, so why fight in the rest of the season? Relegation motivates the bottom teams to improve, and euro qualification at the top motivates the top half of the table.

This is what already happens in gridiron, baseball, and even the MLS. Stagnation

Anything just not nothing. By going along with this they are proving that fans don't matter to them, money does. They expect fans to get shirts with thier names on the back after this if nobody speaks out?!
Well I certainly don't think any of the players give a shit if I go to the game or not or buy a shirt with their name on the back. That died a long long time ago. Footballers have been detached from society for decades.

Footballers are in it for the money, I am under no illusions about that and neither are they. They throw the old bone of charity work and donations but we saw the strength of them when in a pandemic clubs asked for pay cuts and players actively campaigned against it.

In any situation where you’re given a choice to make, you have to look at your alternatives.

What’s clear is this was hatched up without us - and was happening - with us in it or not.

We were offered a choice to be part of the ESL proposal, or to stay with UEFA’s competition in a revised form which is also a compete fucking stitch up.

In that situation, both choices were shite - so it looks like we took the best option.

There was no continuity ‘stay as it is’ option available.

Frankly, I don’t blame the Club for not trusting UEFA as much as I wouldn’t blame them for not trusting the Yanks.

Some on here seem to be reacting as if we have walked out on a mystery option which somehow retained the ‘soul of football’ within it.

That option does not exist.

This was one shit show against another - and we chose the most advantageous option for our Club.

We clearly weren’t the architects of this, but were forced to make a choice between two sides.

I may be being thick here, but I just don’t see this honourable third option you all seem to be lamenting actually existing anywhere in reality.

Nah, you are not being thick.

Then I'd say it gives more negotiating power to PSG/Bayern. They can still earn £300k pw there and continue playing for their countries.
Where are Bayern and PSG getting the money from? They earn their big bucks from a Champions League that no frigger is going to be interested in, no interest = no sponsorship = no money. Bayern and PSG will be in this ESL as soon as their bottom line is impacted.

So looks like players playing SL will be banned from Euros and WC.There will be response and these 12 clubs have tainted legacy of multilpe decorated players

Mansour at the time of the takeover...

"... we will absolutely spend time listening to you the fans about what you think about the future of the club. We are very aware that without you there would not be a club to buy, and your voice will be heard by the organisation at the highest level."

"... we will act always in the best interests of the club and all of its stakeholders, but especially you the fans."

Lies.
That needs to be put on a banner & put on the outside of the gates of the academy or stadium .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.