The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Things that don’t make sense:
Pep railing about lack of competition two days after we have signed up to a league that embeds that.
Noises that we have come to this late in the day and been coerced into signing up when the President of this breakaway league says binding contracts have been signed. (That would surely have taken months of negotiation)
Bayern Munich being outside this.
Our owners throwing away all the hard won respect and not fronting up to why.

I have to say I am struggling with any reason or logic to this.
The only logical explanations are
1) A brainfart induced by blind panic on the part of Soriano and Kaldoun, after being backed into a corner
2) This was their plan for CFG all along and so fuck the fans, fuck English football and fuck the city of Manchester

They are part fan owned , huge difference

doesn’t that just highlight how little the other clubs care about fans then. You have to be part fan owns for the club to care about you. Also PSG somehow managed to not be forced into it

‘Join our competition or you will get less money’

we were not forced into this. You can’t defend this

This really feels like it’s gone too far to stop. There’s simply too much free money involved. We will be asked to support a team named Manchester City but we might be lucky to see half our ‘home’ games played in this country let alone Manchester.

And the bottom line is that it doesn’t matter to them what a few hundred thousand Legacy fans think or do.

Such a club might have the name but it won’t have it’s soul. Maybe down the line we need Real City FC and big games like York City away in the Cup.

So you don’t think a government could stop a football club if they wanted to?
We could all go to town on the stadium and burn it to the ground, break the players legs. Doesn't make it legal or even sane IMO. Why would a government get involved in stopping Manchester City drop the UEFA CL for another competition? Really, why?

The fans are an afterthought in all this, they don't need Mancunians anymore, they want Mumbaians and Mombosans. Manchester City as we know it is no more when we enter this league, within three seasons they will be playing games abroad. It's really saddening but inevitable. I think the super league needs to happen at this point but they cannot remain in the domestic set up, no half way house, go now.
Get what you're saying, but a tinge of irony considering your username there

No he doesn't. They have decided to join the European Super League. I don't want any statement from him trying to sell this to us. We know what it is and it stinks.

Our football clubs have been slowly morphing into businesses over the years. ANd now they've gone all the way.

Sheikh Mansour, and Khaldoon finally killed what MCFC was all about. Pride in your City, loyalty to your father's club, and a family you introduce you children too.

It will go on but it will be an Americanised sport and link between fans and club is truly gone.

I can not wear my shirt or scarf any more and say I am City. We've all been coming to this for a long time. FInally we are here. FOotball is done. And very sad to say that Manchester City were part of the clubs that killed it all off for good.

Some of you will go on for a while longer. But I spent too mich time defending City trying to make out City were different so now I am disillusioned. How can you say to your nephew, niece or your boy, this is why you should support City. It's nothing more than another brand.

We're not rolling this back. The world has moved on. Community, solidarity, loyalty these are values just to be exploited and wheeled on as a stage army to create atmosphere for the camera.
What has changed your mind, Marv? The deafening silence?

The thing is, all you wish for is mainly describing Bundesliga football. Pre pandemic we had 40k fans on average, standing terraces, beer and some good atmosphere with lots of chants if you like. It made many fans happy even without majority investors, as we still could resist to give away 50+1 rule.

That's the key point. We by far don't have the money PL receives - but we have a good (fan) live. What's not to like?

BoJo mentioned 50+1 (to take back control? sounds familiar...), but I think that ship has sailed in UK and now it's just a threat.

We still don't know what road City is going down, but believe me, I really would love to see English fans take back their game that - like in Germany - is nothing else than a major part of their lives, like a good old friend.

To those thinking it is a good idea here is part of the proposal....
A scheme underwritten by US investment firm JP Morgan would involve an NBA-style format, releasing an "infrastructure grant” ranging from £310 million to £89 million per club involved to cover losses

Ask yourselves which end of the money tree will City be at and which end will the rags be at.

I hope, desperately, that we see sense and let the snakes all fuck off to their super league and we stay where we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.