The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
A closed shop that could destroy football.
As they believe it will.
This isn’t for the good of football, this is I’m alright jack and fuck everyone else.
Not sure we know the details yet. Don't they invite 5 teams a year into it? One from each good league I would guess so the Likes of Leicester would still get in based on where they are now. West Ham/Everton/Leeds could be in UEFA CL? How does this destroy football?

Nah, Aurelio Di Laurentiis would never stab anyone in the back.

Ha!

I've been over there to watch games, the fanbase is huge, the catchment area is huge, the sense of pride in being a Neopolitan and how it manifests itself through the football team is huge. There's just not enough money in Serie A that can drive the team forward, particularly with scarce CL places up for grabs, the super league would give them that guaranteed money they need to drive the club on.

That would be replicated across Europe in Glasgow, Amsterdam, Marseille, Istanbul, Moscow etc. This is not it, this is just the beginning. If this happens now, there will be a closed shop of 40 teams right across the biggest cities in Europe within 20 years, NBA style conferences. I think this is almost inevitable to be honest. Would it be so bad for the domestic game? I think not, I think money would trickle down and it would stop clubs like Derby and Cardiff spending well beyond their means to reach the promised land because the rewards wouldn't be so good. I think it would improve attendances at these provincial clubs too.

They were given longer than us to decide. We were pressured.
Fair point,but i still think their stance has to be respected.

And now our club has seen the reaction to bowing to that 'pressure' they need to respond by retracting their intention to participate.We can still come out of this with some dignity,and maybe even an elevated respect from some quarters,but only if we act swiftly

Dare i say.....Tick Tock!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.