The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
English football went 99 years without merit based relegation or promotion to the football league.

There are a lot of hypocrites in the EFL, FA and premier League whose clubs blocked promotion to the football league for their own self interest decade after decade.

I live in the states... they are the most boring leagues in all of sport, even baseball is more competitive albeit not my thing. In the Nfl and NBA the top players cry and whine and move every few years to the top bidder. Soon you have juggernauts and ultimately it's the same 4 clubs recycled as champs. Let's not even get started on the playoff system especially in NFL where you literally only need to outcompete 3 other teams in your division to be guaranteed playoff contention so the team who does just enough to qualify then gets hot for a few weeks is declared champion... There is no relegation and very little of the bottom ever beating the top.
Just to add. We were probably 2 or 3 years away from overtaking United’s financial advantage over us - and doing so whilst nominally debt free as well - and just at the point of accelerating our growth exponentially we vote to curtail our growth relevant to our rivals and explode their financial advantages.

Absolutley ridiculous. If my dad was here now he would be describing our decision makers as being “numb as a piss stone”
This !! We overtook them on the pitch and was on the brink of overtaking them off it and now we go and do this . The glazers are probably pissing the sides thinking surely there never gunna sign this... It’s absolute suicide after everything we have worked for as a club since the takeover

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.