The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Reading reactions from other English clubs, I'm in a position where I am thankul for our ownership group. We screwed this one up, but, but I'm glad I'm not in a position like United, Liverpool, Arsenal, where I just LOATHE the people at the top. We made a mistake here, but the positives greatly outweighs our mistakes historically.

Soriano and Khaldoon should resign immediately for even dreaming that we should take part in this fiasco. They're not to be trusted.
That's a thumbs down from me. A lot of fans said we as a club were blindsided, do they really believe that?

I remember Khaldoon's speech, a couple of years ago I think, that the club know what our enemies are up to as they are 'at it' and I believed it at the time...... I still do after this 'show'.

Picture this scenario: The masterstroke was the statement on our OCS (and others) with Glazer getting a name check, which may have ratified this ESL rubbish in his own, the other Glazers, the snake Agnelli and Turkeyneck's minds. Some of these snakes resigned from UEFA/ECA positions of power, ho ho fucking ho, they can't un-resign so that went well for them. Was it all a ruse..........? we'll never know.

If it was, holy shit what a sting, if not, it's time to move on anyhow.

Last edited:
"listening to you"

Arsenal fans: "Spend some money"

Kroenke: "Fuck off and shut up"
Wasn’t he quoted saying something along the lines of “I don’t know what all the fuss is about?” Yesterday when it was fully kicking off lol ?

From the Guardian and they're no friend of City....

9.23pm Manchester City become the first club to announce that they have “formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans” to create a European Super League.

In fact, as I type, Chelsea is the only English team not to announce their departure.
I know this. You know this. However, the media are spinning it another way.

Feels to me like United, Liverpool and Arsenal tried to blindside us by giving us a short ultimatum - join up now or miss out forever. In a panic, we agreed but soon realised our mistake and then sensed the opportunity to bring it all down after seeing the outrage to the plans. Just my take anyway.
I know we all want to believe that but there’s no way we resign from the CL and run the risk of being booted out of the PL because we’ve been hoodwinked by others. We may have felt that we had no choice because that’s where the gravy train was heading but we understood what we were doing.
I am sure hindsight is telling the club they would have been better off taking the moral high ground. But we didn’t and there will be permanent scars.
I wonder why the German clubs didn’t take part. It feels implausible that they were going to be part of it. We’re they biding their time or genuinely refuseniks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.