The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
You know that throwing the name of a well know wank cheapskate owner doesn't validate your arguement as it isn't relevant at all.

I will ask you this, if we had not joined it went ahead and we carried on in a prem minuss the other 5 with less prize money but still both domestic cups and a restyled european cup with.this leadimg to us not havimg the best players and automatically winnimg everything would you still be going to games?

I certainly would have, I wouldn't have gine to the ESL shit though even if we had the best players in the world on offer.

Give me random teams drawn in cups, give me the.threat of relegation only.to be clsaved on the last day (or not) give me a promotion push and rendom europen games.

Don't offer me stale exhibition football against the same boring teams amd entitled fanbases where it doesnt matter where you finish or if you win owt.

The club made an error in judgement and there is nothing wrong with telling them that, as grateful as I am for the last 12 years, no owner is beyond criticism.
Let the dust settle, I’m sure we will get a proper statement & apology soon enough.

Mad isn't it?

We hate those clubs for what they stand for and what they've done in this instance.

But for some of our fans City acting in exactly the same way is OK because we were forced to do it.
The idea that we were ‘forced’ is absurd. We chose to go along with it. We could and should have said, ‘No, and further more we will fight you on it.’

Or - ‘No until you set up two divisions with promotion and relegation.’

No one can bully a Sovereign Wealth Fund and a leader of a rich oil state with all the lawyers in the world and a ruthless Secret Police to boot.

We weren’t forced, We chose and we chose so badly, apologies and maybe resignations are probably in order. Mistakes and misjudgements of this magnitude should have consequences at all the clubs involved.

I've sat back on this over last 48 hours and I think I'm just about breathing normally. I am just waiting on Peps news conference ahead of the match tomorrow as I think a lot will come from his reaction, so I'm waiting and seeing.
A part of me hopes and prays that we have signed up to this thing only to in the end fuck these guys over. The inside man phrase springs to mind.
These other bastards have manipulated UEFA for years to screw us and that's been evident with the UEFAs presidents comments calling them all snakes. I predict we will be the first to withdraw and we will stab these fuckers right in the back.
I read somewhere that we were the last to sign up too so I do think we will be the first to go. So my reaction at this moment is just watching it all unfold day by day until all major meetings have been had with all relevant bodies and governing bodies.
I'm not walking away from the club that my whole family has supported their whole lives over an announcement which happened 48 hours ago! There's still too much to happen yet and everything at the minute is just reaction, which I get I've been through the same as every fan, before I get criticism.
As I've stated earlier the next biggest step in this is Pep's interview. If he is as honest a man as he has always come across then he will answer questions about this new proposal. If the club don't allow any questions and he doesn't answer then we know and I know where the club lies with it and I may well be considering my first ever protest along with I'm sure tens if not hundreds of thousands of fans up and down the country.
I just want to bump my original post from yesterday morning and bold my prediction. A part of me, which I have kept deep down thinks that we signed up because we had no other choice (a loose, loose) but the truth is will anybody ever know and I can sleep easy knowing this. Am I pissed off that this has happened in the first place? Yes! Do I feel we should have signed up with them? No!
Mud will be thrown from pillar to post and guess what, at some point when it has all settled the finger will eventually come back on us and Chelsea with the whole new money and if it wasn't for these clubs blah blah blah bollocks.
But the beauty of all of this is that at this moment in time, the fans, players, managers, pundits, media have all turned on their beloved owners and it is fan fucking tastic.
Where does this now leave these do called remaining elite 4 in England now? They don't have a business model that works and they need the extra investment and revenue which from this new league, has proved.
Can united fans forgive the Glazers again? What will happen to at the wheel Ole? not a lot probably because he's a yes man. The players, there's a lot of "influencers" with "values" there.
Liverpool - Klopp: as much I dislike the man he very much a man of the fans, will he leave at the end of the season? 50/50 in my opinion. Players like Sir Henderson has already committed to rounding the troops, no going back from that now, its out there. James 'Let's run my contract down and sign a massive bonus (greedy bastard cough hypocrite cough)' Milner has already come out publicly. Yanks won't like this. Yesterday it was already out the owners had cancelled meetings, stopped anything to do with the new league etc, more will follow from this I'm sure.
Arsenal - Haven't heard much from them and to be honest they are that irrelevant as a club it's a joke they were in it.
Spurs - Can't even be bothered. Other than they are a yes club and that they just follow suit and want to join in, all they have is the NFL links. So I'm not interested at all unless they are looking for a buyer.
It's going to be a pretty interesting remaining 3 days to the week. In particular with the media and how they portray it. Let's not forget who their allegiances lie with here and who they cater for the masses with.

You really have to ask how our 'well run' club™ thought that joining this complete pile of shite that collapsed within 48 hours was a great idea.

And please, don't tell me that we were forced into it as we are owned by an immensely powerful and unbelievably wealthy player on the global stage that could buy and sell every other **** involved.
We need more info before this can be answered, namely;

1. what was the time frame from proposal to decision requirement? for something of this magnitude (seismic) you would have accountant and an army of lawyers locked in a room for a month.

i heard 1 week! I suspect we had a lot less time to review this than the hardcore cartel who must have had meetings before about format, timing, strategy etc

2. Who made the decision? Did Kaldoon and Mansour just go on ,best advice from Tixi and co.?

if 1 week, there would have to be a lot of delegation of decision making

Either way it was the wrong bloody decision we made and we will take a kicking somewhere down the line,

I’m just hoping the last 48 hours has provided our owners with a vivid photograph about how we feel so am hopeful it’s been a steep sharp learning exercise for all - they don’t make many mistakes and they don’t look the type to make the same mistake twice!

The more I think about it the more I think that we have played a blinder..

Whatever everyone thinks of our owners, one thing they are not is stupid..

In one stroke we have removed most if not all of the twats from UEFA who regularly wanted to royally shaft us..

We've then destabilised all the American owned clubs in one go, resignations left, right and centre incoming..

Sure we're going to cop for some shit ourselves but we were last in and first out and completely cleared the decks for us going forward..

You can't make an omlette without cracking a few eggs..!

Take our medicine and move on..

In the meantime, the rags, dippers, tarquins and spuds are financially fucked big time..!

Was think along the same lines.
City have a acted in my opinion out of character.
Being last in than first out, leaving the American clubs the ones that have tied to screw us over the last 10 years, in turmoil

Their big money get out of jail ESL is gone. Their fans have turned on them. Everyone with a brain can now see the danger these American owners are to our game.

I wonder if City and UEFA were in this together, both statements released within minutes of each other.

Our chairman had always said if you read between the lines that City would get even with the clubs that hate City

Perhaps I have my blue rose tinted glass on but i need an eye test !

The inquest into who had the most influence in the super league has been opened and closed
dc9d67058de0ec0fc8931605eb1e8cb7.jpg

Anybody who thinks we’ve played a blinder in all of this is just trying to paper over the poor lack of judgement by the club IMO
The key point for me will be whether any of our senior execs get the bullet over this. If they don't I'll draw my own conclusion from that, in conjunction with Ceferin's fulsome statement about our withdrawal. In the meantime, take the win - we're out and the US-owned clubs have got smelly rotten eggs all over their faces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.