The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters

Real and Barca not backing down and still living in fantasy land.

Wow, Big Brother is alive and well.

It really is crazy behaviour by Barca and Real. They are totally isolated. I wonder what the view is of other clubs in La Liga. The impression I have got from meeting Atleti fans last year and before that Seville fans when City played there was that they despised Barcelona and especially Real Madrid. I have not seen any sensible analysis of what is happening in Spain.
Also what are Juventus playing at? They could literally kill their own club.

The only time I preferred bovril to beer at a game was when G W was on sale at Maine Road. Not that the stuff they dish up now is much better.
Couldn’t beat two brown ales in a plastic pot and a Westlers

1_hot-dog.jpg

UEFA has had a very narrow escape and was, in fact, fished out of the mire by the outrage of fans, particularly in England and Germany, but also in Italy, who were not prepared to see their national game hijacked by a bunch American and pseudo American carpetbaggers. But if Ceferin believes that this represented some tidal wave of pro-UEFA sentiment and support he will be making an enormous opinion, Contrary to what Conn assured us last summer UEFA is not popular anywhere and Ceferin needs to build bridges with fans and clubs just as much as any of the clubs pushing the ESL (and we all know who they are). City joined the ESL, as I think Chelsea did, because they couldn't trust UEFA not to give in yet again to the cartel. Few on here trust them now. What saved UEFA was the refusal of Bayern and PSG to go along with it at all and City's and Chelsea's speedy desertion. So, the real enemy has shown its face clearly and UEFA has to stiffen its backbone, grow a pair and show that it exists not to compete for sponsorship, protect the interests of a few bully boy clubs, not to make money or pay fat pensions but to ensure that it protects the interests of all clubs, of free and fair competition, and especially of fans who most certainly are not customers. A good place to start would be with the abandonment of the planned revamp of the CL and especially entry requirements for it. Oh, and maybe he could ask Tebas what La Liga plans to do about two particularly recalcitrant Spanish clubs. That would be a start and only then might there be the first faint glimmerings of a dawning confidence that UEFA has ceased to be UEFA plc and is actually becoming a governing body. Years and years later it may actually become a respected governing body.

This oils have been a really good time for UEFA to flex its muscles and ‘govern’ the sport correctly. That would mean hoofing out the vested interests within their government but unfortunately there are to many of them in high places - Tebas anyone?? It is long past time there was an independent group governing our sport - that goes for this country as well.

This isn’t a large amount. City will pay £1.49 million the same as the other eight clubs. In addition only 5% of competition revenues earned in the 2023/2024 season (not this season)

RM Barca and Juve could be in big trouble though.

Agree - getting caught in a minority of 3 is very dangerous... can see the book getting thrown at these three clubs... what a shame....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.