The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
It really is crazy behaviour by Barca and Real. They are totally isolated. I wonder what the view is of other clubs in La Liga. The impression I have got from meeting Atleti fans last year and before that Seville fans when City played there was that they despised Barcelona and especially Real Madrid. I have not seen any sensible analysis of what is happening in Spain.
Also what are Juventus playing at? They could literally kill their own club.
Not heard anything from La Liga... maybe Barca and Real still think they can divide up JP Morgan’s money - carry on dominating their domestic league and clear some of their debts and make money from midweek high profile friendlies if they are banned from the UCL. The PL was very vocal but not heard anything from La Liga.

Couldn’t beat two brown ales in a plastic pot and a Westlers

1_hot-dog.jpg
My stomachs churning even looking at that.

Contracts were signed so it was more than a plan. The ESL still exists contractually. That's the nub of it. And clubs can only play in UEFA sanctioned competitions.

If you sign a contract for a house, then decide you're not going ahead with the purchase, you will be penalised.
Depends what the letter in the contract says mate. I’m sure the current contract with UEFA will be slightly different.
But the main point is the new CL will be nothing more than a soft SL.

Technically, none of the 9 clubs have been fined or punished. They've asked them 'as a goodwill gesture' to make the donation to kids & grassroots football and the 5% of revenue retention is being 'redistributed' although there's no indication of where to exactly. The other 3 clubs are a different matter as they still think it's going ahead...
Fine or not, very much doubt any of these 9 clubs stepped foreward with this proposal as in ‘ settlement’.

It really is crazy behaviour by Barca and Real. They are totally isolated. I wonder what the view is of other clubs in La Liga. The impression I have got from meeting Atleti fans last year and before that Seville fans when City played there was that they despised Barcelona and especially Real Madrid. I have not seen any sensible analysis of what is happening in Spain.
Also what are Juventus playing at? They could literally kill their own club.
Just demonstrates how seriously financially fucked they are without this ESL. I wonder if they are planning on suing the other 9 clubs for "damages" after pulling out.
There is a financial reason these 3 are continuing with this course of action.

Just demonstrates how seriously financially fucked they are without this ESL. I wonder if they are planning on suing the other 9 clubs for "damages" after pulling out.
There is a financial reason these 3 are continuing with this course of action.
And rare silence for Tebas on these teams stance for the ESL

The hubris continues.

I'm sure City will have considered every financial angle before signing then retracting.
If not the whole melting pot will have to be brought out in Court for us all to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.