The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I think I have come up with the perfect punishment for Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Instead of banning them, which will never happen, they should wipe out their UEFA coefficient.

This way they're still in the competition, which satisfies sponsors and doesn't rock the boat too much, but they lose the protections they usually have and we will get some real groups of death. Big sides will go out which should spice up the competition perfectly.

It takes 5 years for them to get back to where they were, but the punishment declines. They'd be in pot 4 for 2 years, pot 3 for 2 years and then they'd be back in pot 2.

I think I have come up with the perfect punishment for Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Instead of banning them, which will never happen, they should wipe out their UEFA coefficient.

This way they're still in the competition, which satisfies sponsors and doesn't rock the boat too much, but they lose the protections they usually have and we will get some real groups of death. Big sides will go out which should spice up the competition perfectly.

It takes 5 years for them to get back to where they were, but the punishment declines. They'd be in pot 4 for 2 years, pot 3 for 2 years and then they'd be back in pot 2.
That's a brilliant suggestion.

Gives them an excuse to explain away the fact that we keep winning it too. Win/win.

The only issue is I can't see PSG or Bayern being thrilled if the draw is done and it's something like -

PSG, Dortmund, Milan, Barcelona.

Bayern, Chelsea, Inter, Madrid.

Bayern and PSG should be less bothered than the teams that usually come second.

No point in fines or bans, you have to cut the cancer, kick out Parry, Gill and all the others, of all the teams involved in all institutes. Only when all the others gain enough back bone should they be allowed back in the corridors of power

UEFA doesn't seem to have realised that it was being stuffed by a bunch of American franchise holders allied to a number of crumbling English and European "football royalty", and that City and Chelsea tagged along simply because they could not be sure they could trust UEFA. Some of the snakes so ready to sell football out are still very much in place at UEFA and the first step should be their removal. Then deal with those recalcitrants still loyal to the ESL without pussyfooting around. Don't bother with any of the coefficient nonsense - that must be overhauled radically anyway - as PB says ban 'em for two years. But the ultimate stupidity would be to reform FFP along the lines suggested in the Times. If you were to ask Henry or one of the Glazers or Kroenke or anyone from the three Spanish clubs what UEFA could do to ease their debt problems I'm certain the reply would be that we'd sure like wages to be lower and we could sure attract more players if transfer fees were more sensible than we've been forced to pay over the last few years ... Sod that - just tell 'em there's no CL for them until they've paid off their debts. The CL doesn't seem to have suffered without Milan or Arsenal or Liverpool and even Spurs! And even with the frequent if periodic absences of Manchester United. I'm sure it won't miss Madrid, Barcelona or Juventus. Get your finger out UEFA and deal with the plotters, we all know who they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.