The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
That's how I read it - there's a legal filing in Spain which UEFA aren't sure yet on how it reads on Swiss law.

The only logical action at that point is to suspend disputed processes until there is a resolution.

Exactly. A bit galling for us and the other five who've had to cough up and even more so for the other clubs who were left out in the cold but we'll have to wait.

Talking of being out in the cold, the irony of Spurs who not long ago were deemed one of Europe's Super Clubs now being in the Conference thingy for also-rans (or more accurately almost-rans) is amusing. But every cloud has a silver lining and those Spurs fans who are in pub quiz teams will benefit from much improved European geography knowledge as their team meanders its way through unexplored territory in its unending quest for silverware.

If they didn't let them in while still having an "open" case against them then it would just get thrown out by CAS. Once the investigation was suspended this was always going to happen.
I disagree. You apply to play in the CL. They have the option of refusing your application. Up until now that has never been done but uefa could enforce their own rules, they won't because of the pulling power of the 3 clubs. That is why they will only ever be fined. All this talk of a 2 year suspension is just hot air.
The ESL was wrong but uefa are still as shit as they ever were

I disagree. You apply to play in the CL. They have the option of refusing your application. Up until now that has never been done but uefa could enforce their own rules, they won't because of the pulling power of the 3 clubs. That is why they will only ever be fined. All this talk of a 2 year suspension is just hot air.
The ESL was wrong but uefa are still as shit as they ever were
I'm coming around to the idea that maybe it isn't all hot air myself, it's going to take awhile regardless as whatever UEFA decide on, the 3 clubs will take it to CAS.

Am i correct in thinking that only the PL have gained any money in the way of fines from the 6 English clubs, no one has been fined by UEFA etc

They haven’t even pulled out of the super league so they be still in the super league while competing in champs league that Uefa for you run by a few clubs not actually uefa men Corrupt to fcuk!
Every club has to apply to play in the Chumps League, the corrupt 3 have done just that. All uefa need to do is tell them that whilst they remain part of the breakaway league they cannot play in the CL.
The truth is they are big names for TV and uefa need them....as you say corrupt as fuck

A Spanish (lol) judge ruled that they can't exclude them and UEFA has appealed. They can't exclude them until that appeal has been heard and they've won it (if they win it)

That's why UEFA has said their punishment is suspended, it's working its way through the legal system.

Am i correct in thinking that only the PL have gained any money in the way of fines from the 6 English clubs, no one has been fined by UEFA etc
"The nine clubs have agreed to make a combined 15m euros (£13.4m) goodwill contribution to benefit children's and grassroots football across Europe.

They will also have 5% of Uefa competition revenues withheld for one season, starting in 2023-24, and this money will be redistributed, including in the UK."

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "Liverpool and Manchester United were the real founders of the Super League."

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "The Super League project is alive."

Joan Laporta: “UEFA threatened to fine us or kick us out of the Champions League [for the Super League]. But now, they have canceled the entire disciplinary process and have enrolled us in next season’s Champions League”

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "What a coincidence that a certain state-owned club who refused the Super League is investing more than ever in their squad, what a coincidence that they can offer to double a player's salary."

Joan Laporta (Barca President): "Liverpool and Manchester United have still not paid the compensation for leaving.”

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona): "As soon as we receive the green light from the court, we will create the greatest competition in the world of sports, and everyone will want to join us."

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "They threatened, they pressured, they forced some clubs to apologize and pay fines, now look what happened. Time proved us right."

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "The Super League will be the most attractive competition in the world, and it will be based on meritocracy and solidarity."

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "Did you see UEFA's reaction? Apologize, pay us and beg for forgiveness. It's a monopoly. A new era is coming. It'll take some time, but it's coming."

Joan Laporta: "We're in constant talks with the clubs that were forced to leave the Super League. We're working on changing the format and making it better."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.