The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Is this Super League scheduled for 2024? A lot is going to happen in these next 3 years.

Been trying to figure out what all this means and just feel really really sad that it's come to this. Apart from the escalating greed being shown here, its the lack of meaningful competition in this proposed league that means no one gets relegated !
I have City in my dna, Ive been on one hell of a rollercoaster with this club. Its
through experiencing all those lows and disappointments that made those highs like Gillingham and the Aguero moment so undescribably wonderful.
What a sterile, soulless experience watching football will be. Still can't believe this is happening, what a farce.

Obviously we didn't slag the owners off when 93:20 happned...we didn't know what was coming back then! This changes everything.
Does it? Are you so naive to have thought this was all done because he wanted to change a mid table club and the area known as Beswick? There was always going to be something more. I'll say this. I'd rather what we've just experienced this last decade, and the result being this, than sitting there watching bang average players, united and their silly banner and being everyone's second club. No. I'd prefer this, where we are right up there with the elite, knowing full well how we got there.

The funny thing is that the CL is a closed shop as it is.

The fact is us or Liverpool could finish 7th with the new proposals and still get a CL spot due to our coefficient ranking points over the 5 seasons previous.

“Champions” league my arse.

Take Rangers, they have two rounds to negotiate to get into the Champions League for next season. They should be automatic entrants. It’s grossly unfair as it is. Makes me sick.

And to think these owners aren’t happy with the current setup even though it’s heavily skewed in their favour as it is.

Last edited:
No it wouldn't. We will be leaving it, whether of our own volition (the most likely scenario) or we are booted.

How do people not understand this?
The new European Super League is essentially a Champions League replacement. That’s the plan and the reason why so many of the higher positions wi
I would feel a whole lot better about our club if I had the answers to these basic questions regarding our part in this.

1. Were we involved in the set up of this Super League from its inception?
2. If not, at what point were we approached about it?
3. Why did we feel joining a competition run by our enemies would be beneficial?
4. Did we ask for a member to be on the board?
5. Why are the vice chairmen all members of American owned Premier League clubs?
6. Were we told this is a one time only offer to be part of it? take it or leave it?
7. When were the Players / management made aware of this?
8. How do the players and the management feel about this?
9. Were our board in full support behind this or are we divided?
10. How do we know the rules will not be altered if we do actually join?
11. Would we actually be prepared to walk away from the Premier League if it came to it.
12. Crucially do we feel that we have been railroaded into this?
very good points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.