The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Who's to say our signature isn't already on a legally binding document filed with the ESL ? It could be a lot more difficult than just announcing we've had change of mind.
As romantic the notion is that we will just pull out to save English football this is the truth. We have sold our soul to the devil and now we must put up with the consequence. It’s too late

Would the club listen to fans opinion ?
If they saw 90% of us were against it would it make a difference?
Cant see it myself
Not a chance, doesn't even look like they've spoke to the management and staff about it. We're stuck to the bottom of their shoes mate, which they're currently scraping off. We're worthless to the owners, absolutely worthless

There is a lot of angst in this thread but most of it is based on two perceptions. Today it's the CL that will suffer but tomorrow it's the PL. And point 2, we are getting into bed with our enemies. We don't know what tomorrow holds but if the problem is tomorrow why react today if its only based on supposition? Point 2, we have worked hard in the past 13 years to get where we are, to reject a new European cup competition because we don't like our bedfellows would be childish and detrimental to the club's future.

And the big question is what happens if you fail these rules, what is to stop them creating a new set of FFP rules designed to make us fail?
Who regulates this, who gets to look at the books?

Can a team be expelled from the league even if they are a founding member and if so where do they then go to?
Into oblivio. Which is ultimately their end game as far as I’m concerned. I think we could be walking into a huge trap here

Fuck it, I'd rather stay in the prem and play Delap, Palmer, Doyle etc than have some superstars sign for the shitty superleague
And then Delap, Palmer, Doyle will go to play for super clubs, maybe even for the likes of rags and dippers, and your heart will be broken. Most players are loyal to money and global fame, not to fans, unless they are not good enough, that is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.