The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The BBC News headline is that ministers are to do anything to block new league. No specifics but bashing greedy football clubs are easy PR wins for politicians. I don't think this will happen.

If City signed up at the very last moment then it suggests we have misgivings so exit it.
I've been thinking this is the best chance to kill this super league but what can the Government actually do? I'm sure there are a few things, but apart from taxing the fuck out of these clubs esl income and denying work permits to future overseas transfers what can be done?

I get why the Spanish and Italian clubs want it as they’re financially fucked but try as I might I really don’t understand why any of the premier leagues are involved.
American owners have driven this in the U.K. that’s why, Glazers, Fenway, Kronke they want an NFL style league, who knows maybe the winner will be called World Champions!

I just find it totally abhorrent. We're all City fans and we know better than the rest where we've come from. To see our name as a founding member of an elitist competition that's closed off to the rest of the footballing landscape isn't the club I've spent my life supporting.

We've been let down, big time.
The architects of this scheme are the ones who should be blamed.

City are invited. What do you do as a club exec? Do you turn it down in which case your club will be on the outside forever disadvantaged, or do you say yes and face universal hostility.

I think you judge it on whether it is likely to succeed. If it is then you have to be in it because the old game will die. if you think it's a dead proposition then you stay out, especially if it's going to carry costs.

1. The clubs are flying a kite - designed to force UEFA to come up with something radical -more radical than their proposed revamp, but the outcry has reduced the clubs' bargaining power.
2. UEFA is part funded by the member associations effectively formed by the member clubs to administer the game.
3. The Arsenals and Milans of this world - once great but have slipped away - see this as a way to get back to the top table.
4. Everyone is getting carried away without knowing the detail of how the cash will be divided up - I wish I knew the detail - the lack of detail is an own goal.
5. The Super League won't happen - a compromise will be reached.

I think it's pretty certain Pep is going to say he's in favour of it at tomorrows presser, as it's his mates who've signed up for it.

And he's likely to be at that point the first person really to come out in favour so will be the one who gets the pelters.

Reactions: kun
My fear is that they’ve got us by the bollocks if we renege on joining it
You can't
Have you looked at the Prem table recently?
There was a good post a while back showing how many seasons the Rags, Dippers, and Arsenal had missed out on CL money (or football).....very telling.

Sorry if this has already been raised. I just read on the BBC that two high ranking UEFA officials are saying we will definitely be kicked out of this season’s Champions League, maybe even as early as the end of this week.

I hope our owners feel their decision was worth it. I cant imagine Pep and the players are too pleased.

Btw, just watching Klopp. He’s clearly been got at by his paymasters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.