The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I think it's pretty certain Pep is going to say he's in favour of it at tomorrows presser, as it's his mates who've signed up for it.

And he's likely to be at that point the first person really to come out in favour so will be the one who gets the pelters.
Don't think he'll talk about it mate, our attention is on Villa only will be his narrative

It says a lot that they’ve stopped us being able to see who has voted Yes.
I voted yes, not due to any great love for the concept but because I’d rather see City in it, if it’s going ahead, than locked out of the continent’s biggest competition for all time.

Really, a binary choice isn’t enough to properly give a rounded view on it. I’d have ticked a box saying I’d be most happy if it didn’t go ahead at all, but that wasn’t an option.

Would you like to see a future world where rags, dippers, et al are in this competition, and have wheedled their way back into the premier league, while city are stuck in second rate European competitions that no one watches?

I agree with Neville.

Not surprised with the 2 red teams owner.

Ours though had put so much money in to re-development in East Manchester,and are very image conscious.

I honestly believe we did it for the right reasons(We thought we would miss the Boat),even though they are the wrong reasons.And fully didn't anticipate this fall out.

Not making excuses,i just think there are 2 thought processes going on in this shit show.

Rags,and scousers,Arsenal, = greed,greed,greed.

That's not how it works, the historical spots are additional, so they both would qualify and even the historical spots were only added to appease the 'super' clubs.

It's shite but better than the 'super' league.

The seeding still reads like a stitch up to me, so I’m really not convinced their option is any better for the integrity of the National Leagues than the ESL.

They both fucking stink, as far as I can see!

The architects of this scheme are the ones who should be blamed.

City are invited. What do you do as a club exec? Do you turn it down in which case your club will be on the outside forever disadvantaged, or do you say yes and face universal hostility.

I think you judge it on whether it is likely to succeed. If it is then you have to be in it because the old game will die. if you think it's a dead proposition then you stay out, especially if it's going to carry costs.

I understand this point totally and us having investment from Silver Lake and China also means that our board probably couldn't turn this down.

Regardless that doesn't change the fact for me that this club has become what we've despised. Clubs with a perceived sense of entitlement acting as if they're the only importance in the footballing landscape. We've just jumped into bed with the people who've spent the past few years trying to tarnish our achievements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.