The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
One thing for certain, we have blown the title without kicking a ball, I would expect a big points deduction for all involved.
Title potentially gone and the Champions league almost certainly gone. Tells you all you really need to know about what the owners really care about.

I fundamentally dislike the whole idea but in my view this is just a natural iteration of the process started by the formation of the UCL and, if we’re being honest with ourselves, the real reason why as a club we’ve received such extraordinary financial investment over the past decade, both from the Sheikh and the likes of Silver Lake.

Being a realist, I accept that, even if I don’t particularly like it. But a bit of honesty from the club would be nice. Publishing a generic statement on the club website with a quote from the Glazers, but nothing from our own highly paid suite of executives, is just about the crassest thing I can remember from the club over a very long period of support.

I can imagine that none of the breakaway clubs will want to break cover for the next couple of days, but the statement posted today is I’m afraid very, very poor form from the club.
Haven't all the clubs involved posted the same statement?

Hardly the crassest move by City but simply the most obvious one for all the teams involved to do that.

I really hope the premier league show some steel balls, tell all these clubs that if you go then go but you’ll lose all your influence in the English game, no academy participation,no women’s team, supported city all my life of 57 years been all over watching my beloved blues ,great fans and great warming people, all our ups and many downs, all for what.
typical American owners have got their franchises and want to take money out of the game, for pure greed.
Rags and dippers should lose every bit of influence they have in English football.The pure greed of American owners will not go away, the FA should rally around all the English clubs and use this against the top clubs, there only interest is in themselves.

how many clubs have gone out of existence since the premier league started? how many are on the threshold?

there'll be a shit load of clubs wound up lower down because of this
True, but is that because of the Premier League? Clubs have always gone out of existence, if you go back 100 years and look at the tables, half those clubs don't exist. The current format hasn't done anything for the likes of Bury etc, or any other club in the lower league so I don't see how this would make any real difference? If might even help if they allowed bigger clubs to help smaller clubs, which currently can't happen. I'm not saying I'm in favour but I haven't seen the full proposals either yet but they're saying they will put billions into the rest of football. Who knows if it will happen but FIFA haven't exactly been an organisation you'd want to get behind.

How about a fucking cup not a bloody cheque!
d-render-golden-dollar-sign-trophy-isolated-white-background-91799865.jpg

Anyone else reading all the arguments and completely fucking torn?

I'd watch City play anyone as I support City. I would much rather have things stay the same but at the same time, the SL is going to happen with or without City so I would much rather that it happened with City. This does not mean that I am for a SL nor that I am happy about it. It feels like City have been stuck between a rock and a hard place and the management have decided that joining is the somewhat lesser evil. It would be financial suicide to decline the invoite IF the SL is happening. We'd lose our best players and the club's value would plummet through the floor.

Yes I feel shite for the Leicesters, Burnley and Wolves et al, but when those cunts were sending letters to CAS to try and get us fucked out of the CL, how much emotional energy did their supporters spend on me, or you or City as a whole?

The whole situation is shite and it's been pushed by owners that don't give a fuck but 18 months ago I was in areement with many City fans that should UEFA ban City from the CL then we should set up our own lucrative tournament and fuck UEFA off. Well it seems like that's happening.

Also I find the attacks on our owner and fans who have voted yes rather abhorrent. Suggesting "Fuck you Mansour..." as the banner isn't a great look.
But I ask, why have we been invited? We have been invited because without us (I don't mean just us), there is no ESL. Clubs like City, Arsenal, Spurs have more power in this than you think. Nobody is interested in a 6 team Super League, they need teams like City, who win domestic titles and can be competitive to give it the Super League title. Yes, there would be other teams to make up the numbers if City, Arsenal and Spurs had said no, but does an ESL containing mid-table sides ever get off the ground?

They are promoting it as quality over quantity, take away the quality and they don't have much of a product to sell.

Correct re winners but the league isn't just about who wins it. The league is competitive because clubs fight tooth and nail to be part of it. To finish top 4 and get that CL spot. To finish 17th or higher to get another season in the big time. If you take away the incentive to compete, you take away the competitive edge that makes the Prem so damn good.

We will be left with a bunch of teams that traditionally finish mid-table, who year-on-year have have nothing to play for. The sole purpose of these teams will be to make up the numbers and provide the elite with their next batch of players, they will have much less power than the little they already have. For the likes of Everton, Leeds, Villa and many others to be forced into a position of nothing more than also-ran, feeder clubs, with no discernible way out is an absolute disaster for the game.
This is the absolute truth and the killer of tha game / prem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.