The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters

I really hope this is true. If City and Chelsea stepped back at least it might buy some time to allow UEFA and the Cartel to get round the table. Let's face it this is like a verbal nuclear war. There will be no winners.
I am all in favour of a shake-up of the way European Football is organised but this situation needs some calm heads. If both City and Chelsea stepped up they would be accused of doing a U-turn but equally they could be seen to be showing proper leadership if they took the peacemaker role. It takes courage to change your mind in public but it is not too late to resolve this situation. Even UEFA must realise their 2024 plan is a pile of bollocks and three years too late. Covid means change must happen more quickly.

It's not the mistake, it's the intention.

Have the clubs miscalculated the "legacy fans'" reaction to the closed shop? Almost assuredly.

Have we overestimated how much the owners should care about it? LOL, fuck yes.

They went for the American franchise model too soon and now governments are involved. They’re fucked and it’s their own greedy fault.

You might be right that it’s all part of the plan and was foreseen. I don’t think so. We will see.

Are you actually joking? No choice? Of course we had a choice.

we are part of this racket. You must have some really blue tinted glasses on
I can believe that we felt we had no choice - if we beieved it was going ahead.

If it was the Premier League would be destroyed because it would be hopeless. And the ESL clubs would be far wealthier. And an executive's job is to protect the club. If we were on the outside of the ESL we would go from 1- 15 overnight.

I get the argument that you might out of pragmatic reasons be railroaded into it.....but only if its realistic.

I seriously think our owners wont have seen much wrong with the ESL scheme. And hence they signed up for it even if they didn't design it. That they didn't sense it would be awkward to sell/deliver is what I don't like. If you run a football operation, you need to know what you are doing and be politically savvy. We don't seem to be.
Spygate. Ok £1m that's fine.
UEFA screwing us. OK operation longbow and lets spray emails around.
IT security. None existent.
FFP mk II. PR disaster. WHen in fact we were being screwed by rival clubs.
And now this.

It is possible to dislike the ESL and dislike Gary Neville. The show is too much about him. Him telling us who he doesn't like, him telling us who he supports, him, him, him.
Yup, possible to dislike ESL and UEFA. Fuck both of them.

I'm all for protests and lots of it. But unfortunately that is aimed at the wrong people. They should really be outside JW Henry house. Unfortunately they will never get close to that.
Tbf at least they weren’t throwing bricks and flares

Why should Rangers get an automatic entry into the group stages?
Because they are “Champions”, hence why the competition is called the Champions League.

Tbe fact that under the new proposals a team can finish 8th in the PL and get an automatic spot is scandalous. But we don’t see the same opposition to these proposals because it means England get an extra spot.

The Super League and UEFA proposals are both disgusting and go against everything football is about.

I'm all for protests and lots of it. But unfortunately that is aimed at the wrong people. They should really be outside JW Henry house. Unfortunately they will never get close to that.
Exactly - it's a bit harsh as the players had nothing to do with it. Mind you, I bet they're glad there are no fans in the stadium tonight!

I really hope this is true. If City and Chelsea stepped back at least it might buy some time to allow UEFA and the Cartel to get round the table. Let's face it this is like a verbal nuclear war. There will be no winners.
I am all in favour of a shake-up of the way European Football is organised but this situation needs some calm heads. If both City and Chelsea stepped up they would be accused of doing a U-turn but equally they could be seen to be showing proper leadership if they took the peacemaker role. It takes courage to change your mind in public but it is not too late to resolve this situation. Even UEFA must realise their 2024 plan is a pile of bollocks and three years too late. Covid means change must happen more quickly.
UEFA and the cartel. We are part of the cartel

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.