The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
There's been a lot of statements today by people of varying importance and a lot of them full of hot air so there seems to be a bit of an air of possibly stopping this which is, IMO, massively misguided.

We will start reaching the bargaining stage soon, and The Guardian have published and article on a document they've seen that guarantees over 3x the current solidarity payments. That's about €300m per year more than the current amount - and probably split between much fewer countries.

Presumably similar concessions will be made to the Premier League, and then clubs will be faced with 1) Kicking the clubs out and probably bankrupting themselves when the TV deal drops by 75%, or 2)keep the big 6 and get some money they desperately need in the pandemic. How many clubs in the PL who are never realistically going to get in the CL would take a cheque to make it guaranteed, but maybe guarantee their own survival as well? I think quite a few will consider it - they only need 1 to stop the league kicking them out.

Right now it's easy to be completely against this because no one knows much about it. By the time the 12 clubs have gone to their meetings, and laid out the bottom line...positions will soften.

The owners of the other 14 clubs are no less greedy, no less selfish than the 6 who are breaking away, and the truth is if they were offered a place they'd all take it. Remember project breakaway last year? Half the clubs who opposed it changed their tune as soon as they hear about the actual money they'd get from it.

I'm afraid there's no stopping this train.

With a heavy heart I agree

Fuck Gary Neville the ugly little twat can’t stand that **** ! UEFA are just as bad that new proposed league was shite more shit teams more games more money there all the fuckin same uefa are just fucked off they’ve been bypassed .. wildcards for historical teams who arnt good enough to qualify what a load of shit why are more people not flagging this up and calling them out as well ?? I’m against a closed shop super league by the way and getting cosy with all those fuckers who would do anything to stop us. I feel sick what a fuckin mess this is . Signing upto this were becoming everything I despise but I don’t blame the club for doing it as it’s a business and not to be left behind and all that bollocks .

come off it! How on earth can you defend the club on this. You can blame them - it’s fucking disgraceful.

let’s destroy English football, let’s screw the fans over because it’s a business. Such bull shit

this isn’t about Neville either, put aside your dislike for United

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.