The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Let this play out personally I would of liked City to step away from the proposal but UEFA’s new champions league proposals are all about points for the history boys in the competition which stinks , anyone else hear the statement by
Aleksander Čeferin saying he had a meeting with Woodward earlier in the day as he wanted to discuss FFP no time for any of the wankers

it would be better for them if the invited clubs finished bottom.

It doesn't really matter to them - it won't affect their income stream either way.

Whatever the criteria are to be in those 5, the 5 have got to meet them (win domestic league, go through play offs etc) *and* compete in the same year's ESL if they're going to maintain their cashflow.

That'll be nigh on impossible competing against 15 clubs who don't need to give two fucks about their domestic league position, so will play their best players in the ESL (who will be paid far more than those from the 5).

So it'll be a rotating 5 almost certainly, with a financial position so much weaker they can't compete on two fronts.

Yesterday I was dead against this. Having read more about it, seen how upset those c#nts at UEFA and the FA are, the faux vested interest anger of tw#ts like Neville and spit. The hilarity of newspaper hacks like winter banging on about "grass roots", which they don't cover.
The irony of Gary "he looks a good player doesn't he Al?? "I believe you noticed something Jermaine" 1M a year Lineker talking about greed; I'm not so sure.

I don't know why some people are saying the Super League is the 'future of football'. It is exactly what it is; a quick cash grab and injection of wealth for clubs that are inundated with debt and due to COVID are petrified about going under that feel the financial structure of the Champions League isn't enough.

It's nothing to do with the 'good of the game' or 'saving football'. City and Chelsea are effectively being used to use our billions to bail out Real Madrid and the Rags, two clubs that wished to impose financial restrictions on us to prevent us from competing with them. Or have people suddenly forgotten that?

The idea that City would jump into bed with the five signatories of that infamous letter, who tried everything in their power to fuck us over once and for all, is worse.

You can harp on all day about how great it must feel to be the rags in blue, but I'm not buying it. The Super League is a load of shite, the rich positioning themselves in a place to get richer and have no threat of relegation, while shutting out any chance their power could shift to other clubs based on merit or effort. It's bollocks.

This whole situation is slimey as fuck and if this is what City are now then I'm out. You and the 98 others can sit back and feel some sense of pride as our manager picks the under 21s for the weekend's meaningless Premier League clash - assuming the League simply don't dump us.

I’m against the idea. But me being against something doesn’t mean I can’t see the reality of the situation.

City were never going to pass on an invite to be a founding member of a Super League with 11 of the biggest clubs. At a minimum it gives them leverage when the ESL founders sit down with UEFA to thrash out a deal. City want, need, to be at the top table making the decisions that matter going forward. That’s just the reality.

No. It may as well be a touring production of Strictly come Dancing, with a faux 'competition', a lttle token trophy for the winners who will be showered in glitter and confetti and then go for drinks with all the other players at the wrap party. The tourist in the seats will love it as they get to see their favourite dancer/player. They'll probably set up a voting system (texts costs 50p plus your standing network charge folks) so you can vote for the best outfit, or maybe you can vote for who gets in next seasons production.
Can't wait.
I'd go for Ederson's pink top, pink shorts, pink tights, pink boots myself with a bonus point for the dexterity he shows when rushing off his line.

Exactly, not one of the Prem club owners would turn this down if offered.
Neither will any of the players currently playing for any of the other 14 clubs. Maybe they should release a statement through the PFA, something like "As current players of the remaining 14 clubs we will refuse any moves to any of the ESL clubs", will they fuck. Its business and they want part of the gravy train if they get the chance.

Many said the same about Bayern and PSG too, yet they stood firm.
They have their own reasons and can afford it, Everton can't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.