The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I couldn't give a shit about Bayern or Dortmund, they don't really get a choice because of their ownership model. PSG have vested interests elsewhere, if you think they wont join in 2023 you are crazy.

What has winning the prem got to do with playing in a european league?

You claimed the biggest clubs in football are all in the Super League and it's only Eastern European trash left in the CL, which is demonstrably false.

Both Bayern and PSG, the two best clubs in football right now, aren't in and to suggest the might is unfounded and a dangerous gamble.

City and the rest want more than an olive branch. They want control and cash. Fine words ain’t going to cut it.
Ultimately, City won't get control with the likes of Barca, Madrid and the history twins. They will always want more. Whether it's a bigger slice of the tv rights pie or something else, you can guarantee that if not at the start, then at some point in the future these four in particular will want to be more equal that the rest.

Yeah, although if they had also received the golden ticket they would have jumped on board so fast they would have suffered whiplash.

Right now, everyone is reacting based on their own self interest. The only people who aren’t are the fans.
Agreed - let’s not forget that EFC were also founder members of the Football League which meant that they had the power to vote in or out the clubs they didn’t want. They decided when to enlarge the league and that ‘old pals act’ lasted for a century. It was all about money then and it is now but for any club to imply they wouldn’t do a similar styled closed shop when they previously have is just silly. Altrincham were prevented from joining the FL twice in the 1980s because of this old pals act that EFC and the other 11 had introduced at the start of the League. Nothing new in football.

Hi folks, been following with interest this thread. One of the unforgivable things for me if I were a City fan is that with the chance of winning the CL within your grasp it is being stolen from you by two bankrupt Spanish clubs on their knees. It is time they were made to account and be run properly and you have the opportunity to dominate Europe without all this. A real shame. I would have though Pep knows this and it is overshadowing a fantastic season. City fans know about the highs and lows of the game and that is what makes it special.
Hope the top brass do the right thing instead of saving the arses of the badly run clubs.
Goes further than that for me mate, I don't believe we should be allowed to fulfi the fixture list.

We shouldn't be allowed to win the Champions League..............

The new CL format allows elite clubs that don’t qualify for it to just be invited into it anyway. Both are shite.
Unfortunately, if it's an either/or situation, I much rather have the new CL format. This just shows how sad the entire situation really is.

City wont be catching Liverpool or anyone globally in this league as we will be just making up the numbers. Perez just basically confirmed it indirectly by slagging us off in his interview.

That will put red shites ahead of us in the PL too.

and there are still some City fans supporting this abomination, basically wanting City to be these clubs woman like Dortmund is to Bayern.
Its because Gary neville is against it and its impossible for some to get over their ridiculous hatred of him in order to want what's best for City, for football, for everyone.

If all you have is an appeal to the owners better nature, mixed in with an insult, then you have a problem. This fight is over a future business model, not the romance.

‘UEFA President, Aleksander Ceferin: "To the #PL clubs, come to your senses. Not out of love for football, I don’t imagine you have much of that, but out of respect for the people who bleed for the team, out of respect for the home of football."

No its not, the door IS closing, no dispute with that, but you yourselves show it is not closed.
We were the last ones through, yes. I said at the time, FFP was a big problem and it was just the G14 clubs making sure no more billionaires could come in and upset the status quo. That’s now where we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.