The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
To be fair MJ is still probably the most well-known sportsman in history. Not necessarily because of his incredible career, but more so because of his sponsorship deals.

He's was the greatest ever basketball player, with the greatest marketing team, in the biggest economy in the world. The stars aligned for him.
I’m aware of him because Nike stuck everything into him and his shoes but I still wouldn’t recognise him if he sat next to me on a train.

We’ll see.
To my reading, the Government intervention is the only thing that can stop this and I'm not sure how far they would be willing to go legislatively.

I presume a lot. I presume that the owners knew the fan reaction and that they would have to ride it out. I presume that before launching this, they consulted various top legal firms in order to see what possible sanctions could be held and got an answer that UEFA and the PL are somewhat toothless. And I presume that the contracts they signed, if they exist, would have stringent penalties for reversing their decision.

So my opinion is mainly based on that but I could be wrong. It has been known to happen once or twice a century ;)

Yeah 150m just a random number but you get my point. Plenty of people can't afford Sky/BT or whatever equivalents around the world but if they could just do a one off payment to pay for a super league game of their choice I think the figures would be bigger than you think. If I could I would pay just for the City games, instead I have to spend a fortune monthly and get all the other shite.
Now tv already do close to that mate. Difference is the money goes to all clubs. You want to see the rags get 80% of the money from the derby?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.