The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Things that don’t make sense:
Pep railing about lack of competition two days after we have signed up to a league that embeds that.
Noises that we have come to this late in the day and been coerced into signing up when the President of this breakaway league says binding contracts have been signed. (That would surely have taken months of negotiation)
Bayern Munich being outside this.
Our owners throwing away all the hard won respect and not fronting up to why.

I have to say I am struggling with any reason or logic to this.
We weren’t coerced in any meaningful sense of the word. We chose to do it when we could have chosen not to.

Hello all. Lyon fan here. I have a question, if you may. Why the fuck did your club jump into this giant mess ? I mean, you didn't have any interest to join, and you would be way more comfortable with the like of Bayern and Psg , playing the good guys. You don't have money issues like the debt full Spanish, so what happened ?
It’s the question we’ve all been asking for 48 hours mate. We are as puzzled as any of you!

I think they panicked, and acted rashly and stupidly like impressionable amateurs. And by signing an agreement they can’t just back out now as it will be legally binding.

They appear to have learnt nothing in 13 years, despite being taught lessons on a daily basis (more lessons than any club in football history).

Even if they iron out the legal stuff and eventually do back out, it will take years to repair trust with the fanbase.

The Cartel and the media have hated us for 13 years, but apart from the odd bitter fans from other clubs, we’ve had a lot of friends across football fan culture who haven’t got swept up with the Cartel and media’s bullshit, simply because we weren’t part of the Cartel, but we’ve ruined that when we jumped into bed with them.

We’ve always had kind words from a lot of other sets of fans. They come on here and post on this site, we chat to them at away games and down at Wembley, a lot of the time with no trouble at all. And we have a few informal fan links with other sets of fans like West Ham and Sunderland, but I think we’ll never bridge those friendships again.

The thing is n’all, I think we’re being played by the Cartel. Why would they not involve us in the organisation of it all? Why would they leave it until the 11th hour to approach us? Something absolutely fucking stinks about it and I can’t see this ending well for City!

For what any opinion is worth....I find the champions league as dull as dishwasher and haven't watched a full 90mins of a single game since it changed from the European cup, including city's games (just watch highlights). Also find internationals just as dull.....and think a 'super league' would be even duller.
American owners want it, as they can take more money out, and the foreign clubs want it so they can have wedge of money that's made by English clubs...simple as.
Also I don't think we have any choice not to be involved, unless we want to go back to the Swales era ;)

Hello all. Lyon fan here. I have a question, if you may. Why the fuck did your club jump into this giant mess ? I mean, you didn't have any interest to join, and you would be way more comfortable with the like of Bayern and Psg , playing the good guys. You don't have money issues like the debt full Spanish, so what happened ?
UEFA hate City. City hate UEFA. I think it's that simple.

Look at who owns them. They wouldn't of afforded even them without the owners and their salaries.
Their transfer and wage bill was tiny compared to ours, yet they beat us fair and square. With knackered old donkey’s like Huth and Morgan in their back 4.

And right now I’d swap places with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.