The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I'm stressed and sad. Very sad. This situation, if it goes the wrong way will mean my relationship with the football club I love will end.
I don't make that statement lightly. City is as big a part of my life as my immediate family.
But, I will not watch them play in a league that means nothing to the winner or loser. Empty dreams sold to line a billionaires pocket.
A league that will be passed around on a 15 year basis to keep all the founder members "fans" happy.
A league that will pay lip service to guest teams, but only use them so the product doesn't turn stale.
To play utd, or Liverpool... for what? Just what do we "win" in that scenario?
To play football for the sake of playing? The super (lol) league will be as authentic as shite American wrestling... Footballmania anyone??
My face does not fit in that world, and that makes me sad.

All of this drama leads me to believe that UEFA never really wanted to ban us in the first place. The cartel clubs forced them to and when those bastards didn't get their way they created the Superleague. Bunch of wankers, especially Perez.
That’s always been the case!

UEFA became the weaker force once the G14 was formed. They made all the decisions. Then as a few of the G14 started to get weaker because the core of the G14 we’re taking more and more power, the G14 disbanded and we were left with a small Cartel of clubs.

These shysters put their men in a load of the board positions at UEFA.

UEFA have been a powerless facilitator of the Cartel for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all. Lyon fan here. I have a question, if you may. Why the fuck did your club jump into this giant mess ? I mean, you didn't have any interest to join, and you would be way more comfortable with the like of Bayern and Psg , playing the good guys. You don't have money issues like the debt full Spanish, so what happened ?
It's a good question and one we all want an answer to as much as anybody. all the other clubs make sense in one eya or another. enormous debt, declining teams in danger of becoming irrelevant and owners purely interested in sucking as much money out of the club as possible.

city and chelsea are the anomalies though, both have owners doing the exact opposite of that, investing ridiculous sums of money into the club and not bleeding them dry. I get why the rest would want both clubs involved, they're the only 2 clubs in those 3 countries that have enough might to oppose it and beat it so it was crucial for the rest to get us involved but on the face of it, there's not much in it for them.

Mönchengladbach’s Sporting Director Max Eberl nailed it this afternoon:

“When I hear Mr Perez’s quote that there is no alternative to the plan because these clubs would no longer exist in 2024 due to Corona, then I don’t know whether this is the club of the super-rich or the club of the super-indebted. These are clubs that have lived beyond their means in recent years and are simply trying to save their own arses with this Super League.”

Last edited:
i still can't get my head round how the club wildly underestimated the shitstorm this decision would bring upon us, i bet they wish they could turn the clock back, but even if it does'nt happen its too late now, the damage is done

Good news that Bayern are out. If a few others do that then the CL can survive.

Bad news that Amazon haven’t even discussed a tv rights deal with them. Think it’s clear they’re going to create an NFL Game Pass style tv subscription where they show all games live and on demand for £20 per month. They’ll run it and control it so they keep all the money. They’ll probably think they can get half a billion subscribers. This is happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.