The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
None of the founder clubs is making any effort to sell or defend the ESL. That suggests to me a clear strategy. Either they don't care what people think of them and just want to brazen it out. Or possibly the purpose is to demonstrate to UEFA that something like the ESL is a real, plausible possibility.

I think City are in the latter camp. They don't want thrown out of the PL or this season's CL while they are still in it. I think they will back out of the ESL as soon as there is a clear concession on the new CL format.

Problem is, we become even more irrelevant than we previously were, going back with tail between our legs to UEFA.

Tebas in now on their payroll and he was gunning for us even before this breakaway.

This is about taking power away from Uefa. It comes to something when they can claim the moral high ground at present.

Damned if we do, damned if don't.

Yeah, City going back to UEFA isn’t an option. That just hands them the knife to gut us with. For better or worse, City have to see this through until there is either a ESL or a UEFA sanctioned version based on the ESL club’s terms.

If 12 clubs from three countries can bring football to the brink by creating a new competition, then the game really needs to look at itself. Not only that but the massive reaction since the announcement, can only have served to convince those clubs that they’re actually far more powerful than even they thought......

We need to get ours in first, that's my only advice.

If a club is to crack, it absolutely has to be ours, otherwise we really are on our own.

Only City and Chelsea are not backed into a corner, because of finances.

The team that steps back from the brink will earn enough PR kudos to offset pretty much all that came before it.
City will never do that, we seem happy to just follow the big boys

I still cant believe we're going for this. Getting into bed with these supershady guys is gonna end bad. I dont want some harlem globe trotter teams competing in a closed league/ and tbh I cant wait for football to implode and all those businesses come crashing down.., but it should wait until we have won the CL

Yeah and now he has a chance to make even more and hes going to turn it down and run back to the organisation that quite literally dragged his name, his investment and even his own country through the mud in court and in the media for the past decade, I don't think so.

This is what people like Sheikh Mansour do, they go in and they tear down the very fabric of what existed before it and flip it to make it beneficial for them. Hate the game not the player.

I remember when he bought billions of shares in Barclays in the middle of a global crisis, that is pretty crass, benefiting off the world economy whilsts its on its knees. Made him a fortune in profit and City probably benefited off the back of it, its how these things go.
I guess i live in the hope that our owners see things differently and see a bigger picture. Not destroying your fan base and destroying the league you play in being the main ones.

Well Utd is built on debt thanks to the glazers, even though they can finance the debt and in the worlds of Gary Neville the swamp is a wreck. Liverpool’s owners don’t have the wealth to compete and the revenue from previous sales has run out. Spurs have a stadium to pay for, and are likely to miss out on top four regularly due to lack of investment in players. Arsenal have a good bank balance and a stadium now paid for, but the owners don’t invest in the team. Chelsea are needing to finance a new stadium, as well as players as the owner is not providing as much finance as before. As for City the only reason we need to do this is to play as the same level, with the so called elite.

Surely the Coutinho money hasn't run out already?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.