The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Do also find it quite ironic Sterling and kdb where amongst the most vocal. The same two who want to be paid circa 400k a week in the midst of a pandemic whilst the club announces losses £120 mil.

I'm torn, this was a 'massive' fck up of epic proportions and it's hard to forgive what we've seen and heard, e.g. the Glazer statement on the website ffs!!

But I think the guys in charge have a lot more goodwill in the tank than any of the Yanks at the other clubs so I think in the end I'll be willing to put it behind and move on.

Some form of communication from them would be nice though.

I wish people on here would fuck off with suggesting a points deduction.
The players earned those points not the management. The players had nothing to do with this.

If there has to be a punishment, then it should be financial. That would affect the management, while leaving the sporting achievements alone...
If you look at the league table and then work out what ten points off all six teams would mean, you’ll see that a) it wouldn’t harm City and b) I wasn’t being serious.

John Henry video apology now released. Fair play for facing the camera, none of our lot will, but as if anyone is going to accept it.

That fucker and the gnomes at the rags are behind it in this country at the very least. Utter snakes not to be trusted one inch. The European clubs got onboard because they are skint. It's time bloody UEFA stopped them spunking 100 million plus on the best players when they can't afford it, their credit has run out and the debts should be called in.

Nearly, lovely hotel on the centre island. Next time I walk the dog I’ll try and remember to grab a photo. Sadly doubt the inside will finished by the time I leave in the summer.
Hotel, so hopefully no longer 'dry' nightmare not getting a drink when we ate there

I don't think our owners misjudged how the fans would take it. This plan put them in a bad position, the current status quo is to our benefit but if Super League got going we would have to be in it or we would become irrelevant.

Unlike Bayern or PSG they would have joined but would have been allowed at a later date, they can wait to see which way the wind blows and join 'reluctantly' later. As English teams were likely to be over represented we didnt have that luxury. Sign up now or forever outside.

If we sign up and it went ahead we were in. If it failed well everyone already hates us so we lose little. But the potential gains of failure should not be over estimated - removing a couple of senior UEFA executives who have previously tried to stop us, to cause PR problems at the established History clubs that the media love and who have actively tried to stop us (as part of the hateful 8 / 9), to reduce the ability of the big 2 spanish clubs to finance transfers. Our owners will have judged these things.

They didn't tell fans, or players, as it would have leaked. For all we know we phoned Cerafin to keep him informed, and to ensure that the snakes were removed - we dont know. By leaving first, with Chelsea (who I think are in a similar position to us with regards to this), we minimise our exposure as much as possible and allow UEFA to see us as the lesser of the evils.

Was this a good thing to do no, but it is totally understandable.

Do also find it quite ironic Sterling and kdb where amongst the most vocal. The same two who want to be paid circa 400k a week in the midst of a pandemic whilst the club announces losses £120 mil.

Behind Fernandinho they are the team's Captains, of course they wanted to be involved.

Do you think Henderson or Maguire spoke to their owners alone?

Maybe I am missing something, but why are people treating the decision to exit a coup at the last minute as a PR win?
Because it is.
Three days ago, City had zero clout in UEFA Now 11 other clubs have the sane amount of clout we had and UEFA consider us the peacemakers so we have a bit more clout than we used to.
Many City fans won't like what we did. I didn't. Indeed, if we hadn't joined non of this would have happened as 5 clubs could have been expelled from the Premier League by the others But the end result is very good. Godfatheresc in fact. Hopefully UEFA will clean house as a result too.

Last edited:
I wish people on here would fuck off with suggesting a points deduction.
The players earned those points not the management. The players had nothing to do with this.

If there has to be a punishment, then it should be financial. That would affect the management, while leaving the sporting achievements alone...
I’m rather hoping there is a fine, for pulling out, in the documents we supposedly signed. A rather big one. I’m just hoping that rather than finding its way into Perez’s bank, that it’s shared amongst the rest of the teams in each of the domestic leagues effected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.