The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Super League is coming, it's inevitable.

The other big clubs wont let Premier League have a free ride into domination.

I am so against it but I guess the pressure from other big clubs will be too much

For me it has always been about a long-running smear campaign to undermine City. When you look at it logically how can you fairly investigate vague allegations that are ten years old. Remember we already admitted breaching FFP rules in those early years when we needed to invest heavily. We agreed a settlement and paid the fine. Then years later allegations surfaced that suggested we may have breached the rules more than UEFA were aware of. Essentially we faced being sanctioned for something we have already been punished for.
It is strange that we were the only club pursued in the UK following the Footy Leaks episode. Those leaks included lots of allegations about other clubs, players, and agents apparently fiddling image rights, avoiding tax, and breaching transfer rules...but City were the only ones to be pursued by the media and UEFA...and now the PL.
I don't think we "admitted" in fact I'm sure we disputed the change in criteria that UEFA did at the last moment? Khaldoon used the words "we took a pinch" to say that for the greater good City accepted the punishment. IMHO this is why the club have been so determined to defend themselves in subsequent charges

Florentino Pérez, Real Madrid President, has just arrived in Barcelona. Juventus CEO Andrea Agnelli has also arrived in the city. Apparently they have plans to make a big offer for the Premier League [cadena ser]

Florentino Pérez, Real Madrid President, has just arrived in Barcelona. Juventus CEO Andrea Agnelli has also arrived in the city. Apparently they have plans to make a big offer for the Premier League [cadena ser]

Big offer? If you talking about the super league it ain’t happening all premier clubs have signed a deal that if any club enters a super league they will be fined 20m and docked 30 points! So whatever these clowns are offering is all bluster..

Big offer? If you talking about the super league it ain’t happening all premier clubs have signed a deal that if any club enters a super league they will be fined 20m and docked 30 points! So whatever these clowns are offering is all bluster..
Indeed.

The PL can tell them to fuck off. Would they really want to lose their domestic power base for a few quid?

Indeed.

The PL can tell them to fuck off. Would they really want to lose their domestic power base for a few quid?
I wouldnt call 500.000.000€ Million each Season a few quids.

I think the bigger Problem is that the English Clubs aren't allowed to just leave. The real Penalty Fee is apparently 250 Million. So technically the English Clubs are still in this shite League and Perez isn't allowing them to disband their contracts.

I wouldnt call 500.000.000€ Million each Season a few quids.

I think the bigger Problem is that the English Clubs aren't allowed to just leave. The real Penalty Fee is apparently 250 Million. So technically the English Clubs are still in this shite League and Perez isn't allowing them to disband their contracts.
The PL won't give up any brand share to allow it to happen. It's the most successful league in Europe. They hold all the cards. It's a PR drive from the dinosaurs of European football who are literally begging for more money because they've Mismanaged their own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.