The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
It undoubtedly is, given that the stories are they hadn't got their way over a key proposal around commercial revenue in the about-to-be-agreed new CL format. So a small voice in me says wait and see, as breakaway threats have been used many times before. And also that we might be in this mainly in order to piss on their chips, as someone obviously leaked this & we've seemingly used Ziegler before.

But these threats have never gone as far as this, at least as far as UEFA are concerned. We've seen the introduction of the Premier League of course, which the FA implicitly backed then found that the clubs it thought it had got onside were in fact not interested in them as an ally.

We could have gone to a point where we put out a statement saying that we were invited to join but had no intention of doing business with these clubs, who'd tried everything to stop us getting richer while trying to line their own pockets. That would have been powerful in my view.

Bit we went ahead and put our name to this, which I'm deeply ashamed of, but not wholly surprised at sadly. The line's been drawn now as far as I, and I'm sure others, are concerned.

City till I die? We fucking died when that statement went on the OS.
That last line is harrowing but bang on the money mate..............

Uefa meeting going on right now
l1aJJrO.gif

This is where the big 6 clubs have a gun to the head of the premier league. The premier league have to agree with it, if they kicked them out of the league they don’t have a product to sell to tv companies.

yep and the reason this will go ahead is the likes of the rags scousers Arsenal spurs Madrid Barcelona the Italian clubs financially are in that much shit if they didn’t there clubs could fold! What if Covid is around for another two three years? That’s around 100m+ Some of those clubs are losing out on from full stadiums!

I could give to hoots about the Cl in reality and glad that UEFA are getting what we have all wanted for a long time. However no one wanted this and for me its what it will do to the PL. It will destroy the PL this as the season will just become a 38 game procession with 6 clubs miles ahead of the others, season over nov/dec for all but 4 or 5 clubs at the top and bottom, teams like arsenal able to just play 11 youth team players as they have a big super league game on weds in Beijing and no impact if they lose as there are now zero consequences for having a shit season. We've all agreed over the years that winning the PL was our brad and butter, its what we strived for every year, well now that means nothing if this shit goes ahead.
Absolutely

Confirmation that, despite all the hollow platitudes from Khaldoon etc about how the leadership view the history, traditions and the fans of City as integral to the future of the club, they actually don't give a flying fuck about any of those things.

We're exactly the same as Utd, Liverpool et al, and although many will claim we were naïve in the extreme to think we were different to them, it still hurts to realise we're not.

You have to assume Khaldoon will be against this but businessman in Soriano probably talked him to accept this farce

Bollocks he’s not a child or an idiot, hopefully this will all fail but in terms of our owners the damage is done. I think that “Thank you Sheik Mansour” banner needs the first word amending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.