The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Bob on. American ideals sold to Spanish crooks who have destroyed the value in their own league and individual clubs. Moral - run your club into the ground and get bail out whether it be via government loans or via destruction of the the most £ lucrative league in the world with the best entertainment offering.
This is exactly what this is... a fucking bailout!

The ironic thing is, JP Morgan Chase were one of the major reasons for the 2007 Financial Crisis... they got a $188bn bailout... and they’re the ones bailing out the Cartel here

Just more info on the Yank (i.e. dipper-rags-arse) perspective on all this. I was in a bar last night watching ESPN's 'Pardon the Interruption' (PTI) where they were briefly discussing the ESL. Basically, the hosts couldn't see what all the fuss was about and just shrugged their shoulders and said "hey, the big fish eat the small fish and that's the way it is".

I don't want to be re-admitted until Brits start pronouncing "e" before "r" as a fucking "e" and not an "a".

"Daaaa-rrrrby County", "claaa-rrrk of the court". The fuck is that? As a footy-obsessed Yank, every time I refer to a derby as a darby over here I get a look.
Come back when you can spell colour ; p

That’s all this is about: a group of cunts who run their clubs terribly are in a load of debt and are scared to death that they won’t be successful anymore, have found a way to earn a shit load of money and wipe their debts away so it doesn’t matter that they won’t be successful anymore because they’ve shut the door on competitiveness and meritocracy... and City have tagged along like a bunch of impressionable amateurs.
This

Fucking this

Bravo fella

WE are not a fallen giant, we are the new giant in town, getting bigger by the second, so why the hell did we fall for this crap?

Or is the Sheik skint?
We’re the only English side you would guarantee to get into the Champions League next season. We don’t need the assurances of a closed shop league like the other English sides.

I don’t think the invite only, glorified pre-season tournament is the money maker long term that the clubs think it is. Half of the teams are Europa League standard. Is Arsenal vs AC Milan a huge money game in 2021? Absolutely not.

If we pull out, along with Bayern and PSG, that’s the three best teams in Europe not involved. The two best young players in the world, Haaland and Mbappe, aren’t involved. It’s got no history or prestige. I’m not convinced it will generate the interest the clubs involved think it will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.