The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
And me. What MCFC have had to fight over the last couple of seasons from Uefa, most of the teams in the so-called ESL, and a few hyenas in the PL would make me think that as soon as the invite dropped on the City mat the club response would have been a swift fuck off.
100% this. I'm not falling for "backed into a corner" bullshit. MCFC should of told that lot were to go and never ask again.

Things that don’t make sense:
Pep railing about lack of competition two days after we have signed up to a league that embeds that.
Noises that we have come to this late in the day and been coerced into signing up when the President of this breakaway league says binding contracts have been signed. (That would surely have taken months of negotiation)
Bayern Munich being outside this.
Our owners throwing away all the hard won respect and not fronting up to why.

I have to say I am struggling with any reason or logic to this.
You can add to that baffling list why we would sign up to something that helps our worst rivals who are steeped in debt and need this sham of a league more than we do.

I think that this ESL has a major problem.
With all the backlash and negativity from everyone ie the other clubs, fans, TV pundits even governments etc.
Where are they going to find another 8 clubs to get this thing off the ground?
well certainly another English club could never accept an invitation because they have condemned it today

They need 75% vote in favor of killing the golden geese, good job with the hysteria they probably have less than 70%.

Good job with the pulling information straight out of your arse.

Your speculation here is fine and dandy, but a dangerous gamble in reality. We know nothing of the voting intentions of the FA, only that they've promised to take swift action - with the British government standing in the wings thereafter.

How disappointing for you and the other 105 sellouts that your Super League is already looking dead in the water.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.