The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I’m disgusted... not with the club or the board but with some of the comments on here.
People have forgotten we have the best owners in football, the fact is the club really didn’t have much of a choice in joining up - we don’t have a bottomless pit of cash you know... you all want the worlds best talent playing for city and that takes money... our owner has already invested will over a billion into our club and not took anything out.

The board would have taken the SL money are reinvested it into the club I’m sure whilst the other owners would have bought super yachts with it - that’s the difference so please stop with the constant bashing of the best owners in football who didn’t have much of a choice... and comparing them to the owners of the rags, dippers etc is fucking shameful and you should hang your heads in shame...

We all want City to attract the best talent and play the best football but not at the expense of football as we know it. The owners have invested a spectacular amount of money into the club yes but on Sunday decided - however reluctantly - that the league in which City have enjoyed so many highs and lows wasn’t for them anymore. It would have completely fucked over the rest of the game and would have deprived those of us who follow City home and away of the thing we love.

And the thing is they might try and do the same thing again in a few years. They could join another breakaway league, bin off domestic football, start playing home games in Abu Dhabi - who knows?! The only way that doesn’t happen is with continued pressure from fans like you say this week.

Which is why people aren’t willing to just let this go. The club need to prove that this was a massiv error of judgement that won’t be repeated. They can do that through offering an apology, making sure there’s a reckoning for those who pushed this dreadful idea, and ensuring that fans have more of a say in decisions like the one we thankfully u-turned on yesterday.

Will be an interesting transfer market with Perez’s Real Madrid claiming they are so poor!!

Not one of the six come out of this good, time will tell what the impact will be.

I think both clubs have bridges to build but in the context of those statements only one club is building bridges.
You've missed the point completely, and intentionally, imo. Arsenal fans hate their owner already, and know full well he was in with this full on from the beginning. I personally have faith that we were railroaded, had minimal notice and little choice, and knew exactly what we were doing and made sure we had means to bail. Being first to back out is always the hardest, everyone else piece of piss to follow.

While all the super league was going on, uefa released the changes to the champions league that will see some teams allowed in based in history.

As you say, its not put anyone in a good light, and it is noted fans from all clubs are quoting "my club has pulled a blinder!" line, as some are unable to see fault where it clearly lies.

The truth will out (possibly, but probably not) at some point, but this whole farce is mostly on Perez for me.
Not put anyone in a good light is very true, but I mean ANYONE. I’m sure now that the threat of the ESL has subsided everybody will revert to type and renew rivalry’s. Name any club in country, including your own and there are skeletons in the closet. Sky’s triumphalism last night was sickening too. Clubs (Chelsea and City from the dirty dozen and those outside), governing bodies, broadcasters all searching for the moral high ground or as a minimum holding up the soiled bed sheets and pointing the finger elsewhere.

Whatever anybody says about our involvement, Sheikh Mansour has the power to take our club out of meaningful competition and effectively wreck our club. That is wrong and we need a German, fan owned model.

You've missed the point completely, and intentionally, imo. Arsenal fans hate their owner already, and know full well he was in with this full on from the beginning. I personally have faith that we were railroaded, had minimal notice and little choice, and knew exactly what we were doing and made sure we had means to bail. Being first to back out is always the hardest, everyone else piece of piss to follow.
I'm a back them or sack them kind of person, the way City have treated us all since Sunday evening is nothing short of disgraceful. Someone will be falling on their sword for sure. Bollocks did we have little notice, and if we did, you pull an all nighter to consider it properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.