The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
there are certainly machinations we may never be privvy to, or at least for a while, but one thing;

why sign up at all on the Sunday night? why not hang on the fence for another 24 hours to assess the outrage? if such a masterstroke, wouldn't the masterstoke to be written in as a 4th potential partner with PSG, Bayern and Dortmund and basically cop no flack and still make the ringleaders look like scum?

i still think we committed and if a couple more had too, we'd have happily gone along with it.

They still needed six Premier League clubs to be involved from the genesis, or it left them exposed to a 15-club vote from the rest of the league.

The Americans still required City for viability, no other club in the Premier League was left to justify a Super League entrant, having already laughably included Spurs in the equation.

The fact City were the last to accept is because we were the last to be offered. Ask yourself how and why Spurs and Arsenal would receive an invite before ourselves and Chelsea, that purpose and who did it serve?

We have played both ends of this, undoubtedly, which is why it unraveled as quickly as it was started, once we pulled the plug.

It didn't collapse because City were so relevant to the supposed glamour, it collapsed because two English clubs leaving, exposed four other clubs to the very real risk of being booted out of their own domestic league.

The saddest thing, for me, whatever funny business and back channeling has taken place, City supporters have likely been used as an acceptable political football in the fallout.

Last edited:
Kev’s salary is £20.8m a year.

A £15 increase in season card prices adds up to £630,000... fuck all to the club, almost a waste of time to them, but massive to the individual fan.
It’s up to clubs to run their finances in a way that does not involve shit like the ESL. Maybe the era of £20mill contracts will come to an end if they can no longer sustain the debt.

I am certainly not shedding any tears over the financial hole clubs like RM and Barca have dug themselves into. The first thing clubs in financial trouble need to do is stop digging.

Stop spending hundreds of millions in fees. Clubs should not be run like sharks.

And if we have to have some form of FFP then let it have a debt ceiling.

A few years relying on developing players, finding bargains and not being dividend looted and debt leveraged by rapacious owners would do some clubs a lot of good.

At least he actually said the word “sorry”, rather than “I apologise”.

Saying “sorry” is the apology... saying “I apologise” would intimate that there would be a “sorry” coming but most of the time people don’t actually say “sorry”.

Not that that’s important, just a pet hate of mine haha

They still needed six Premier League clubs to be involved from the genesis, or it left them exposed to a 15-club vote from the rest of the league.

The Americans still required City for viability, no other club in the Premier League was left to justify a Super League entrant, having already laughably included Spurs in the equation.

The fact City were the last to accept is because we were the last to be offered. Ask yourself how and why Spurs and Arsenal would receive an invite before ourselves and Chelsea, that purpose and who did it serve?

We have played both ends of this, undoubtedly, which is why it unraveled as quickly as it was started, once we pulled the plug.

It didn't collapse because City were so relevant to it, it collapsed because two English clubs leaving, exposed four other clubs to the very real risk of being booted out of their own domestic league.

The saddest thing, for me, whatever funny business and back channeling has taken place, City supporters have likely been used as an acceptable political football in the fallout.
Makes you wonder what would have happened if they had chosen another club instead of City? Would the ESL still be a thing? Assuming that Chelsea pulled out because City did.

It’s up to clubs to run their finances in a way that does not involve shit like the ESL. Maybe the era of £20mill contracts will come to an end if they can no longer sustain the debt.

I am certainly not shedding any tears over the financial hole clubs like RM and Barca have dug themselves into. The first thing clubs in financial trouble need to do is stop digging.

Stop spending hundreds of millions in fees. Clubs should not be run like sharks.

And if we have to have some form of FFP then let it have a debt ceiling.

A few years relying on developing players, finding bargains and not being dividend looted and debt leveraged by rapacious owners would do some clubs a lot of good.
Debt is the biggest ill across football. Debt and poorly run finances are what drove all of this.

I too think there needs to be a debt FFP, not just a revenue FFP.

This would seriously freshen up competition in football as it would reward clubs who are run well, not just clubs who bring in a load of money but are terribly run in the background.

Is that sharing the money amongst the teams that sent a letter to CAS, demanding we were thrown out of the CL, so one of them could take the place? The group who complain about ‘self interest’ and then do nothing but further their own self interest? The group who moan every week about city having a bigger squad than they do (spoiler alert. We have the same number as everyone else)? The group who refused more subs because it ‘might benefit the big clubs’, not look after the players? So for me, I’d give them not one penny.
Make no mistake, as Pep said yesterday, football is all about self interest and that is especially relevant when it comes to money.
As Bamford said, if people could mobilise this quickly over racism in football, there wouldn’t be any.
Yeah the remaining 3 teams in the “hateful eight” would be included in receiving that money. 5 of the ones who signed the CAS letter would be in the same boat, shelling out for trying to sell out.

I think giving money to 3 teams who felt slighted by alleged FFP breaches is a drop in the ocean compared to the other 80 odd teams in the league who would have been harmed had we all swanned off for the billions. Just my honest opinion.

With regards to racism in football, whether rightly or wrongly, I’ve tried to avoid mentioning it on this thread. It is and should be a debate for the here and now, but from a staying on topic point of view I chose not to.

As it’s been broached though - it definitely struck me last night how many more voices there were opposing a breakaway league, than there were opposing abuses based on racial prejudices. It speaks volumes, on societal values, but also I think a fear of approaching the topic, for fear of bungling the delivery of an honest opinion, and coming out red faced. Hopefully it’s something that’ll be picked up once the dust settles on this debacle. It needs to be.

It didn't collapse because City were so relevant to it, it collapsed because two English clubs leaving, exposed four other clubs to the very real risk of being booted out of their own domestic league.

Have you heard anything about whether the club plan to issue any further info to supporters, akin to a KAM interview for example?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.