The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I agree with everything you say in that post
Your post has really gone a long way to giving this situation some perspective and putting my head straight.
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to write it.
You're welcome. And thank you for not accepting the plan. You did us all a turn. Your club today is actually stronger in the eyes of supporters everywhere who know who any club is.

As a general shake up I hope this works well for City in many ways.

I'm pretty optimistic that having the fans defend the club is a win for everyone involved. We've a habit of being far too needy with the owners. I'm optimistic because I felt the heirachy were needy with Pep, but that was effectively sorted it out earlier this year. And we're that much stronger because of it.

You can never trust anyone totally to always act with your interests. They are yours. Yours to decide, yours to advertise, yours to work towards. If someone oversteps the boundary - shout and scream. Let them know. Defend yourself. Get some pride back. We're not children.

And equally, no one is always 'the one enemy'. These people's lives and minds are a lot more complicated than that.

These are human distortions of reality that come from childish ways of thinking. And doesn't being a football fan make you feel like a child? They know that. The media and players and everyone else is playing on it constantly. But we're not children. Act like a smart confident child and say no, and don't place your trust in a leader like a helpless child, or protect your childish self by creating a false enemy. Think like an adult, who knows we can push a lie like it's the truth, and it might feel good, but ultimately that makes our grasp on life weaker when it matters.

And tell the parasites they can't fool you. Whenever they try to get you to do it - ignore them.

And then we'll take the power back.

The wages they receive are indeed part of the problem but the biggest part of the problem lies with clubs who are spending money they haven't and won't get. When they fail to get into 'moneyed' competitions their problems loom large - Real, Barca, the two Milan teams, and Juve haven't a pot between them in which to urinate, MANUre are debt-ridden but claim it is 'manageable (LOL) and so their boards are desperately looking for any fuckin' goose that lays golden eggs.
Agree, but we are completely complicit in the wages situation, regardless of whether we can or can't afford it.

If this thread proves anything, it’s that fan ownership of our club would be a disaster. There appears to be a large body of blues who believe that they are smarter than our owners and their advisors. Notwithstanding the virtue signalling, the moralistic preening, the rush to victim status, the refusal to acknowledge they can be wrong and their indecent haste to condemn the best owners a club can have, they expect us to believe that they knew, but our owners were oblivious that;

• There would be a huge outcry.
  • That we were getting into bed with thoroughly treacherous people notwithstanding that those very people were explicitly condemned by Khaldoon as carrying out an orchestrated campaign against the club and having an unsustainable business model
  • That the terms of the ESL were preferential to, and, indeed amounted to a financial lifebelt, to the very people who sought to destroy us
  • That they could not be trusted not to eject us as soon as the competition was up and running thereby achieving their aim of destroying us completely
  • That we were the king-makers in all this. That whichever way we jumped doomed the other side to extinction.
Yup, all that passed our owners by and they made a colossal “misjudgement” which requires them to apologise and us to “forgive” them.

The fact that the real enemies of football have been exposed in all their naked shame, the fact that so many of their representatives on influential football bodies have bitten the dust, the fact that a threat which has been hanging over football for 30 years has been thoroughly trashed, banished and consigned to history, the fact that we now have some real clout at UEFA is all coincidental.

If only we'd just said "no"
The truth is always somewhere in between. Our owners are very smart but given we’ve not had a left back for 3 years or so they don’t think of everything ;-)

The wages they receive are indeed part of the problem but the biggest part of the problem lies with clubs who are spending money they haven't and won't get. When they fail to get into 'moneyed' competitions their problems loom large - Real, Barca, the two Milan teams, and Juve haven't a pot between them in which to urinate, MANUre are debt-ridden but claim it is 'manageable (LOL) and so their boards are desperately looking for any fuckin' goose that lays golden eggs.
I mean I agree with you, but when was the last time that Madrid, Barca or Juve missed a Champions League? So it's not as if they can blame their failure to qualify for spending more than they earn. It's just bad management. Incredible that a club can sell a player for over 200 million and still end up in massive debt.

It’s nowhere near as bad as you think.

It’s only on any past five years rolling on each year.

So clubs like Arsenal, and even Liverpool (who’ve spent 7 years outside the Top4 since City were taken over), Inter, Milan, even United who’ve also spent 4 years in the last 9 outside the Top4; are actually hindered by this rule if they keep underperforming!

It will reward clubs like Atalanta and Leicester if they keep doing well. A good five years from both clubs will see them benefit from this at the expense of the old G14.
cheers PC

Fingers crossed the red tops keep under-performing then : )

There is no legitimate reason that would excuse the club from betraying the fans, the fact so many are concocting fairytales as a way of trying to offer City an excuse shows there isn't one.

I understand the deep rooted desire to defend the club, to want to believe they care about us, of course I do, I want that too but the decision to sign up to that showed they are no different from the rest, they couldn't give a shit and anybody dreaming up elaborate spy novel stories of masterplans to bring down rival teams needs to just step back for a second think about what they're actually saying and realise how utterly ridiculous it really is.

City sold us out just like the others. In a way City and Chelsea owners fucked the fans over the most because there wasn't even a desperation to do so like there was for other clubs
Believe me, I don't disagree but I - and everybody else presumably - want an explanation from the powers that be at the club as to why they signed off on this.

Your last paragraph sums it up. You would expect it from the red shirted clubs, and also from Spurs as they always seem to follow the money (although deluded fans of all those clubs will try and still claim City and Chelsea are worse than their clubs), but us and Chelsea jumping on the bandwagon is staggering. Talk about misreading the fucking room!

I don't believe for one minute City would publish or leak any story that actually explained exactly what went on, but the idea we were pushed into a corner at the last minute with no prior knowledge sounds like fantasy to me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.