The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Wasn't being sarcastic. We always end up visiting the same places. It would be good to have the opportunity to go to others.
Maybe we'd be better off coming 5th ;-)
Agree. Imo bringing back league winners only is a no-brainer. Would make the secound european tournament much better and more rewarding than it is today aswell.

I think the quotes are from an interview that took place before this whole thing collapsed, although it was published later than when it did collapse funnily enough.
Oh I know mate, it’s the sentiment and the content that astounds me.

I don’t know if you have been watching the hype those saviours of football-aka Sky Sports, are saying about how the clubs have broken the PL rule book but yet again the coverage is not just biased they are deliberately mis quoting the applicable PL rule.

Each year the rule book is reprinted and is only relevant to that season. So the 20/21 season is about season 20/21. I know that’s obvious but bear with me.

Here’s the rule that Sky are suggesting the 6 have broken

L.9.
Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:
L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
L.9.5. the Football League Cup; or
L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.

Unless I misread it , and that’s possible, how have any of the clubs entered the 20/21 version of the ESL?

Agree. Imo bringing back league winners only is a no-brainer. Would make the secound european tournament much better and more rewarding than it is today aswell.
A no-brainer as in no thinking person believes fit a nanosecond that it would ever happen?

The SL nearly happened because the “big” clubs want more guaranteed “big” games. Going back to the European Cup is the antithesis of that and would only ensure a breakaway did happen.

I don’t know if you have been watching the hype those saviours of football-aka Sky Sports, are saying about how the clubs have broken the PL rule book but yet again the coverage is not just biased they are deliberately mis quoting the applicable PL rule.

Each year the rule book is reprinted and is only relevant to that season. So the 20/21 season is about season 20/21. I know that’s obvious but bear with me.

Here’s the rule that Sky are suggesting the 6 have broken

L.9.
Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:
L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
L.9.5. the Football League Cup; or
L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.

Unless I misread it , and that’s possible, how have any of the clubs entered the 20/21 version of the ESL?
They haven’t but it’s your own fault for watching Sky Sports News, it’s Talksport for Dummies.

What I find astounding really is that UEFA is so unpopular, so broken, so greedy, that a competent group could have executed a breakaway IMO quite easily.

The first thing you would do is a media campaign about how wasteful, incompetent, out of date and corrupt UEFA is. There's so many examples of this and it should have been a concerted effort through media and speaking out to establish UEFA is incapable of delivering a top level European Cup anymore. Things like the 30% year on year viewing figures drop should have been front and centre.

Then bring along a lot more clubs. Have a tiered system to replace the CL and Europa. Push the positives for months in the press before officially announcing, win over some support, give information. Do something to appease the fans.

Also have a bit of subtlety. Don't do something as blatantly self serving as saying "Us 15 are here forever, the other 5...whatever they'll come from somewhere". If you're not completely ringfencing yourselves, that had to be the number 1 point you push. There is a world of difference between "no one can get in by merit" and "only 1/3 get in on merit". Instead, we still have no idea what their plan was for the other 5 clubs!

Half the opposition to this superleague was opposition to things they'd never actually said they'd do, but things people were projecting on to a worst case scenario future. All of that could have been calmed down by a few details and promises.

Honestly I've never been less worried by our so called rivals. They only had one shot at this, and it was so half-baked. Now they've created such a backlash they've lost their bargaining position forever and probably brought about to legislation change to stop anything similar happening.
sensible words. the lack of media campaign against uefa, an easy task as you say, is odd.

that is a good perspective of the fuck up form their perspective. Do you believe that City were truly in it to expose them and strengthen with Ceferin? or that they signed up as they couldnt really miss this financial payout if it went ahead?

I'm sure it'll be something like:
We were approached about creating an alternative competition to the CL, which would enable the club to grow and provide the finances required to maintain a position at the top.
Haaland isn't coming for a fiver.
We sign an MOU to explore the possibility and as it appears the goalposts shifted, been there before remember, we began to have second thoughts. The response of the fans made it clear to us, we were right to be sceptical and immediately began proceedings to withdraw.
We have always valued our fans of this great club of which we are temporary custodians, however we understand our recent actions without prior consultation have strain that relationship, which we will Hard to rectify.
Moving on, we've signed Danny into cos were skint ;)

Seriously though they'll be nothing else other than insiders on here hearing this or that
Thanks, that was all I needed, feel so much better now. I am now back on board, full steam ahead for the treble.

News from a friend in the Treasury all of the work permits for the foreign players of teams joining the super league would have been cancelled on Friday , the treasury informed Woodward and that is why he was sacked and not resigned as we are led to believe. The Sheikh pulled out City first as he was furious because he had lost his messiah status in the city of Manchester and was was now hated by many Man City fans. So despite all the many millions spent with high profile billionaire lawyers by John Henry, the Glaziers and others it was a complete waste of money and all the teams are now at the mercy of UEFA. Hopefully this might be the start of a mass exodus of American mass ownership in the premiership.

What loyalty were we shown over the last 18 months? Premier League teams wanted us thrown out of the CL, heavily fined & docked points.

European teams wanted us thrown out of the CL & heavily fined.

UEFA/G14 tried threw us out of the CL, & heavily fined us.

Why should we show any of them a shred of loyalty, when none showed us any, or any compassion or understanding with our plight?

An offer was made to include us in this new project, just as it was in 1991 when the Football League four broke away to form the PL. Did you complain when City jumped ship & joined the PL? What would you have said if we refused, stuck to our principles & refused promotion from the Football League? What's the difference between the breakaway PL & the breakaway ESL? There's none that I can see.

City explored the opportunity, expressed cautionary interest, & then decided against it, so as I said, no harm done & it's as you were ladies & gents. We can't leave the Football League & join the PL, then complain that City considered leaving the CL & joining the ESL without seeming two faced can we?

After the way PL teams, CL teams & UEFA/G14 have targeted us the last 12 years, the lot of em can go get fucked as far as I'm concerned. They never gave a shit about City, & actively tried everything in their power to halt us challenging football's elite, so tell me why we should be getting all pious today, & giving a shit about the very teams & organisations who wanted to neuter us?
There is a lot of truth to what you spell out here. But there is also a big difference between the people who run clubs and the fans who support them. The Wolves owners may have wanted us thrown out of Europe, but the majority of their fans were embarrassed by what they'd done, for example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.