The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
This league can and only will work with Premier League Clubs.

Perez would have started the league without PSG or German clubs , he just wanted the Premier League Fanbase around the globe to get the money. The Spanish clubs needs the Power of the Premier League ,Premier League is more powerful then them

It's English Supporters job to cancel this shite thing

With the Champions League moving to the rubbish new format and this ploughing ahead there’s a real (no pun intended) danger that this competition will become the dominant club contest in the world.

I don’t think City were in a position to do anything differently but it does seem to have worked out badly. Hopefully the Super League will crash and burn but I’m not so sure it will.

I always wondered what basis UEFA ever had to stop it. Why shouldn’t some clubs be able to arrange a competition between themselves? Ultimately, the only way to beat it is to have a competition that is more attractive to a global audience, but UEFA have interests that directly work against that.
The Champions League will have to change to survive. The reality is that the biggest clubs can make much more money by owning their own broadcast rights and selling matches directly on pay-per view. They can make the same amount on a single game (up to £100m) than they currently can from the entire competition and that doesn't even include sponsorship. UEFA simply can't justify the current position. The clubs own the product and give all the rights to UEFA. It is not sustainable. If UEFA don't change they will die. That said I think Ceferin knows this.

The Champions League will have to change to survive. The reality is that the biggest clubs can make much more money by owning their own broadcast rights and selling matches directly on pay-per view. They can make the same amount on a single game (up to £100m) than they currently can from the entire competition and that doesn't even include sponsorship. UEFA simply can't justify the current position. The clubs own the product and give all the rights to UEFA. It is not sustainable. If UEFA don't change they will die. That said I think Ceferin knows this.
Yes but England has followed a model of revenue sharing. Spain allows Barca and Real to negotiate their own deals.

The outcome is that England has much higher tv income based on an (almost) competitive league. By comparison, Bayern have won the Bundesliga nine(?) times in a row. Juve had a similar run in Serie A. In Spain, there is no real competition outside of the top three. Atletico have rare wins in La Liga.

England has has had had five different champions in the last ten years. That is probably why the TV income exceeds the other Leagues.

Go along with what the big teams want and competition will go and so will revenue in the long run.

UEFA need to stand firm and tell the clubs to piss off!

Last edited:
Yes but England has followed a model of revenue sharing. Spain allows Barca and Real to negotiate their own deals.

The outcome is that England has much higher tv income based on an (almost) competitive league. By comparison, Bayern have won the Bundesliga nine(?) times in a row. Juve had a similar run in Serie A. In Spain, there is no real competition outside of the top three. Atletico have rare wins in La Liga.

England has has had had five different champions in the last ten years. That is probably why the TV income exceeds the other Leagues.

Go along with what the big teams want and competition will go and so will revenue in the long run.

The only problem with that is the big clubs want to piss off, because that’s where the money is. UEFA need to improve their competitions but they’re making them worse.

In an earlier post you said it was the UK Courts that had the final say?
Confused of Neasden.
English Courts will have the final say but not on the decision of the arbitration itself (unless there is some manifest error). English Courts can deal with disputes but not as an appeal to the arbitration itself ordinarily.

It changed 5 years or so ago albeit Barcelona and Real Madrid still receive the lion's share

"50 per cent of La Liga’s television money is distributed equally between clubs, with the remaining half divided in two equal parts and allocated based on sporting results over the past five seasons and social influence.

The revenues are shared in accordance with Spain’s Royal Decree Law of 2015, which saw La Liga stop selling rights on an individual basis and return to the collective selling of media rights.

Since that law was introduced, La Liga has narrowed the gap between its highest and lowest-earning clubs, a ratio that was previously as high as 12:1 but now stands at 3:5:1. "

Here’s a piece I wrote for Mail on Sunday.

Good and fair article mate. Hopefully the PL will see some sense and let this quietly drop. I guess thats not likely given the pressure they will be under from the usual suspects. They should put up or shut up.

Here’s a piece I wrote for Mail on Sunday.

Congratulations on having the piece published.

I know you're not responsible for the picture taglines but I guess the following re. 'new emails' is bollocks (unless I've missed something)?

Pep Guardiola's squad is alleged to have been built outside of FFP, with new emails leaked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.