The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Just read your article and it’s clear that Harris has used his piece to continue to insinuate that there may still be a huge outcome. Your article seems quite clear and as we all know what CAS made of the previous claim then it‘s hard to see what further evidence could be drawn by the PL, especially as their rules came in much later and to a lesser degree.

The question I asked myself on the 2 articles was, if you had given a factual and experienced view, why was another article by Harris needed? His seemed to be a puff piece, manipulating your thoughts to support his views.

My view was that the PL wanted to keep this hush-hush as they wanted to drop the case quietly if the CAS case went in our favour. I bet they’re fuming now and looking for a way out that City won’t accept.
I think Harris is saying that because we take the "prove your allegations"rather than "see for yourself here's all our emails" approach therefore we must be guilty because we won't prove innocence

Obviously we want most of our correspondace to be private so prefer to say prove it which is how it stands.

Innocent until proven guilty suits me.

As Stefan said, this could run and run for years. As a comparison, about 18 months ago the Premier League were reported to be investigating Everton over sponsorship of their new stadium. To my knowledge, that investigation hasn’t been concluded one way or another and on the face of it is a much simpler case than ours.

I think Harris is saying that because we take the "prove your allegations"rather than "see for yourself here's all our emails" approach therefore we must be guilty because we won't prove innocence

Obviously we want most of our correspondace to be private so prefer to say prove it which is how it stands.

Innocent until proven guilty suits me.
Suits me as well. One of the big things with all this FFP business is how UEFA and the PL can even request certain documentation. Did this ever happen before prior to FFP, where an individual business could be possibly handing over private information to a competitor?

We know that Gill was thrust to the head of FFP when it looked liked we wouldn’t be sanctioned the first time around and with United and Liverpool personally interviewing the Chairman of the PL, who’s to say that our rivals aren’t possibly privy to our internal business?

It’s a brilliant & knowledgeable article. But as a City fan it seems a gloomy prospect & it didn’t offer much hope of City being the innocent party. It made me think the PL have a case rather than they’ve taken leaked emails out of context. Are our sponsors valid & is the time bar applicable? If so why are the PL pursuing this so vigorously- or is it a lot of hot air??

I guess we’d like some reassurance on the whole matter but nobody seems able to offer any.

or am I missing the point? :(
I think if the PL had a case then things would be moving much more quickly. UEFA turned out not to have a case. After investigating for than 12 months the only evidence they had was a second-hand report of a handful of stolen emails in a discredited German magazine. They didn't even have the actual emails and had to settle for a charge of non-co-operation (which we admitted doing).
It seems unlikely that the PL have any case at all. The investigation is no more than a political witchunt because of the pressure put on PL boss Richard Masters by the other clubs (the hateful eight). If UEFA didn't have any evidence how would the PL. I am sure the PL wants it all to go away. Even Masters, who is a stooge for United and Liverpool after they vetted his recruitment, must be concerned about his reputation.

I think if the PL had a case then things would be moving much more quickly. UEFA turned out not to have a case. After investigating for than 12 months the only evidence they had was a second-hand report of a handful of stolen emails in a discredited German magazine. They didn't even have the actual emails and had to settle for a charge of non-co-operation (which we admitted doing).
It seems unlikely that the PL have any case at all. The investigation is no more than a political witchunt because of the pressure put on PL boss Richard Masters by the other clubs (the hateful eight). If UEFA didn't have any evidence how would the PL. I am sure the PL wants it all to go away. Even Masters, who is a stooge for United and Liverpool after they vetted his recruitment, must be concerned about his reputation.
Do you think it suits the clubs who vetted Masters to let it lie as long as possible rather than let it fade away?
They can stir the contents every now and again with regurgitated evidence via the media but know it is a lost cause for the main charge.

Do you think it suits the clubs who vetted Masters to let it lie as long as possible rather than let it fade away?
They can stir the contents every now and again with regurgitated evidence via the media but know it is a lost cause for the main charge.
For me it has always been about a long-running smear campaign to undermine City. When you look at it logically how can you fairly investigate vague allegations that are ten years old. Remember we already admitted breaching FFP rules in those early years when we needed to invest heavily. We agreed a settlement and paid the fine. Then years later allegations surfaced that suggested we may have breached the rules more than UEFA were aware of. Essentially we faced being sanctioned for something we have already been punished for.
It is strange that we were the only club pursued in the UK following the Footy Leaks episode. Those leaks included lots of allegations about other clubs, players, and agents apparently fiddling image rights, avoiding tax, and breaching transfer rules...but City were the only ones to be pursued by the media and UEFA...and now the PL.

So these clubs are progressing the ESL, my question is have they been kicked out if the champions league as I thought that the CL was by invite (as well as league position)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.