the taste of sperm whales

Re: the taste of sperm

Prestwich_Blue said:
With that thread title I think corky is fishing...

Speaking of whales, how's your girlfriend?

corky1970 said:
whales .

dont get it myself but each to their own i guess.

japan's new fisheries minister has vowed that his country will never stop hunting whales, comparing eating the ocean-going giants to Australians' consumption of kangaroos.

In an interview with the AFP news agency, Yoshimasa Hayashi said criticism of the practice is "a cultural attack, a kind of prejudice against Japanese culture".

Japan's so-called scientific whaling program has been criticised by other nations, including Australia, and the country's whaling fleet is currently clashing with Sea Shepherd activists in the Southern Ocean.

Japan says it needs to kill whales for research reasons, but Mr Hayashi did not make any mention of the scientific rationale behind the program during the AFP interview.

Instead, he said that eating whale meat was an integral part of Japanese culture, and pleaded for other nations to respect Japanese tradition.

it is genuinely scientific. They survey each whale they capture recording length, age, mass etc.

In fact, to find out how heavy each whale is, they take it to a whale-weigh station.

corky1970 said:
Chris in London said:
corky1970 said:
whales .

dont get it myself but each to their own i guess.

japan's new fisheries minister has vowed that his country will never stop hunting whales, comparing eating the ocean-going giants to Australians' consumption of kangaroos.

In an interview with the AFP news agency, Yoshimasa Hayashi said criticism of the practice is "a cultural attack, a kind of prejudice against Japanese culture".

Japan's so-called scientific whaling program has been criticised by other nations, including Australia, and the country's whaling fleet is currently clashing with Sea Shepherd activists in the Southern Ocean.

Japan says it needs to kill whales for research reasons, but Mr Hayashi did not make any mention of the scientific rationale behind the program during the AFP interview.

Instead, he said that eating whale meat was an integral part of Japanese culture, and pleaded for other nations to respect Japanese tradition.

it is genuinely scientific. They survey each whale they capture recording length, age, mass etc.

In fact, to find out how heavy each whale is, they take it to a whale-weigh station.

where do you weigh pies ?

dunno, but you weigh sandwiches at a sub-weigh station

corky1970 said:
Chris in London said:
corky1970 said:
where do you weigh pies ?

dunno, but you weigh sandwiches at a sub-weigh station

you weigh pies over a rainbow

" somewhere over the rainbow...weigh a pie"

lallalalala

oh.

i thought there might be some sort of quality central control station in Wigan.

Do the japanese go for the steak and whale pie option?

I was led to believe that Japan's constant and high profile "harvesting" of whales and the refusal not to curtail, was to distract people away from how they are decimating other sea life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.