The tide is turning?

BringBackSwales

Took my son to the match attax (football card collection/game) at the National Football Museum, and they had several events where young kids were on stage, and I would say that City supporting kids outnumbered rag brats by about 4 to 1, and the ones with rag shirts tended to look fucking embarrassed - it hasn’t taken long, and I wonder what it would be like if they had 30 or 40 years of proper shite like we did

Anyone that knows their football history knows that so called big clubs happen for a reason and that reason is well managed investment. Arsenal had it in the 30s, United 40/50s, Liverpool in the 60s and now us in the 00/10s. Once that happens young fans who bless em have no idea of history just a basic grasp of the present make a choice. Nothing wrong with that but when they are much older and wiser they should learn their history and I really hope that those young lads with their city kits do just that.

Anyone that knows their football history knows that so called big clubs happen for a reason and that reason is well managed investment. Arsenal had it in the 30s, United 40/50s, Liverpool in the 60s and now us in the 00/10s. Once that happens young fans who bless em have no idea of history just a basic grasp of the present make a choice. Nothing wrong with that but when they are much older and wiser they should learn their history and I really hope that those young lads with their city kits do just that.
I think Arsenal's success in the 1930’s was down to more than well-managed investment!

Yes your right, also imagine a 12 year old, takes one look at Lumpkaku and then at Sergio, who's he gonna choose as a hero ? :)

Also young brilliant players like Sane and Raz attract kids imo.

Yes your right, also imagine a 12 year old, takes one look at Lumpkaku and then at Sergio, who's he gonna choose as a hero ? :)

Wait till Pass- master Foden takes the stage....there will be a stampede for all things City.and England.
This is what the rag masses,in the lofted posistions in media and corridors of football power fear most.
The effect on the youth will be more explosive than the arrival of' Hooch' in the 80s.
Watched the scotland england u21 game earlier,Foden was a breath of fresh air when he came on,the only player from both sides who knew what to do with the ball, instinctively, every time-he didnt get everything right,but he he tried to do the right thing..everytime....promising....because he understands that football is a team game, 1 or 2 touches will suffice,the ball moves faster than any man...other players were hogging the ball or trying too hard to impress.Our Phil was class,in a 20 min cameo.
The fact that Foden is getting more minutes than Sanchez over at utd says it all,no wonder the rag kids looked embarrassed at The Football museum as as an earlier poster said....the tide is definitely turning.

Are you insinuating Ander Herrera and his illustrious sideways passing isn't a huge draw?

How long till we see an effect at the turnstile? That is the test at both clubs.

Do we see a change? It's difficult to tell at City as we are constrained by capacity and season ticket caps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.