The Times: Utd and Liverpool vetted new PL CEO candidates

Ziegler is on a bit of a run at the moment. The Times seems to be the only media outlet shining a light on what is happening at the top of English football following its coverage of the Liverpool hacking scandal. Nowadays it is much fairer to City over FFP. I think the Times team has woken up to the proxy war going on between the US owners of some clubs and the Middle East owners of others. But again this story broke in the New York Times which has been running rings round the British media on football corruption in general. Despite some of their previous criticism of City it seems clear to me that Tariq Panja and Rory Smith are well ahead of the game. They are proper journalists.
Ric's right I strongly suspect.

Relatively few journalists who aren't specifically feature writers actually go out and "get" stories. Most are spoon fed them by their sources.

Panja is known to have David Gill as one of his key sources for example.

I really hope you are wrong. The corruption has been allowed to go on for far too long now, and if nothing is done, we might as well pack it in and go home because the game will be dead.

I'm almost certain that there are journo's and news organisations who have been actively burying stories for years because of threats of legal action (or worse), and it needs to stop now. The longer it is left, the worse it will be.

And that's what the scousers and the rags yank owners would want ,they then can both finish top 2 for ever more raking it in! Those two clubs are a fcuking virus.

Just a reminder that when asked about Liverpool running away with the title the new lickspittle pointedly our that viewing figures have never been higher.

It’s obvious how he got through their vetting.

I use that route off the M62 when I'm visiting my parents. It's changed a lot since Birchwood Centre opened up maybe 35 years ago now (Fine Fayre and Quicksave in those days). It used to be a single carriage way over the M6 just beyond the college roundabout.

We've got dual carriageways and everything now. New cinema in the town centre with the Botanist as an anchor. Becoming a grown-up town these days. still not M/cr or Liverpool though.

This absolutely stinks of ‘Blatta/Platini style corruption’.
Picking the CEO of the PL knowing he will always have your back is as bent as it can get. I really hope we get someone with some real balls to stand up and call them all out, with hard evidence etc etc. There needs to be some time done behind bars with big Errol and his shower buddies for this cnuts.

Many years ago, my then boss owned greyhounds. Happily for him, one of his dogs was the Scottish sprint champion. He took it to England and ran it under a different name. He filled the dog with water prior to the races and it performed really badly. When its odds lengthened, he trained it properly and entered a race that it couldn't hope to win on its bad form. Needless to say, he backed it with every bookie and it duly romped home. Bookies chased him all round town!
Guy I worked with years ago had a couple of dogs. He'd regularly stuff his dogs with food prior to races to lengthen the odds, and then clean up in the odd race when his dogs were lean.

Ric's right I strongly suspect.

Relatively few journalists who aren't specifically feature writers actually go out and "get" stories. Most are spoon fed them by their sources.

Panja is known to have David Gill as one of his key sources for example.
Agreed. It's amazing how little proper sports journalism there is out there. What has frustrated me most about the national coverage of City in the last 10 years hasn't just been the fact that we have been constantly attacked wth unfair, unbalanced, out of context, biased, and downright fake news stories. It's that so few stories have been written about the real scandal at the heart of football. The story about the corruption at the top is a much bigger story than anything that is happening at City. I actually don't think there's a grand conspiracy against our club (just a few corrupt enemies). I don't think many sports reporters are corrupt but too many of them are just lazy and incompetent.

Agreed. It's amazing how little proper sports journalism there is out there. What has frustrated me most about the national coverage of City in the last 10 years hasn't just been the fact that we have been constantly attacked wth unfair, unbalanced, out of context, biased, and downright fake news stories. It's that so few stories have been written about the real scandal at the heart of football. The story about the corruption at the top is a much bigger story than anything that is happening at City. I actually don't think there's a grand conspiracy against our club (just a few corrupt enemies). I don't think many sports reporters are corrupt but too many of them are just lazy and incompetent.

Most are just reporters. They report what they are told or hear, without looking too hard behind it, and of course what their editor wants in the way of output.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.