The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both Liverpool and Arsenal didn't have enough energy today. Those two weeks of football tired them, and they didn't have enough in the tank to control the games.

Given that we were without Ederson, Walker, Stones, and that Ake got injured in the 1st half, Arsenal should have tried to win the game at the Etihad. Instead they had only 27% possession which cost them a lot of energy. After the Bayern game they were fatigued and now they'll have an even more difficult game in Munich. The last time they lost 2 games in a row was after their game at Anfield... They were fresh in February, March and early April. Now they aren't...A bit like last season.

Liverpool were running like mad in January, February and March. They rely even more on high energy to control games than Arsenal. Funny that their form has dipped when key players are back from injuries. Energy is a bounded resource.

Nothing is decided yet. Football is hard to predict for things might go wrong in so many ways. Still, I was a bit surprised that we weren't favourites before last weekend, being only 3 pts off the top. Statistical models can't capture contextually relevant factors like, say, City being trained to hit form in the final 8 weeks and having experience from previous title races. Let's see what happens next.
and both teams are really good football units. LFC at the end of the day has Klopp and still number of very good players. Last few weeks is rather anomaly this season. Carabao is someting too. Arsenal are strong, were better than Bayern imo. They still could be UCL semi finalists. Its only an underlining what City is achieving. I dont think football really have seen this dominance before. Ucl cups or leagues in a row, yeah, maybe someone was better as a single competition. But at the same time season after season all this staff. Generational football team is City atm.

Thats been said there is a job to do still this season and nothing is granted. But as always the pleasure is ours.

He's overhyped in my opinion

He's a good tidy little player no doubt, but for this supposed brilliant playmaker he only managed 1 more assists than Haaland last season, a player supposedly useless outside of tap ins.

He's on the same amount of assists as KDB this season, a player who missed pretty much most of the season...and again only one ahead of League Two Erling. Also behind Phil, Rodders, Julian.

Stats aren't everything of course but hes their main playmaker, you would expect more assists from his position.

He does some things well, I just don't think he's quite as good as is made out.
I hate the jinky, jerky little prick.

I bet when he walks his dog or goes to the shops he's feigning here and there and stopping and starting and bobbing and weaving.

Don't think there's a scrap of pressure on us having to play after these two play twice now. We could put ourselves in a European semi and an FA cup final and these two are not battling to keep their season alive every game. I don't think either are out of it but if they drop points again I really do think they are.

I am preparing to watch match of the day and a Northern Irish prick introduced it saying you can just hear the celebration from Stockport. I hope the person who said that dies.

We’re getting that goal difference back, an extra goal per game does it. Could get it in a single game knowing us.

5 and a draw will do the job but I reckon it will be 4 and a draw as these aren’t going unbeaten.

This week will be interesting, arsenal now flat and face a war in Germany against a team that simply has to win that game and those players will be mentally shot if they come back without a win.

Liverpool are done. Somethings very off and palace realised you can get behind Bradley so easily.

We’re about to rip I reckon.

The reality is Liverpool and Arsenal can put the pressure back on as both play twice more before we play

Liverpool have

Fulham and Everton

Arsenal have

Wolves and Chelsea.

If both win their games we will be 4 points behind both with 2 games in hand (and a worse GD then Arsenal).

So will need to be perfect against Brighton away (with 9 days rest) and Spurs away (where we have never scored in the league.

I’m of the theory that if either Arsenal or Liverpool win their next 6 they win it. If they drop points then we win it.

Arsenal could potentially still win with 5 wins and a draw due to goal difference.

I assume you mean Arsenal could still win if we win 5 and draw 1?

Just because if they do that, we could lose against Spurs (assuming Liverpool fuck up again) and still have breathing room.

Spurs away the worry I'd say.
Today should be a lesson don't take anything for granted.

The thing is Arsenal and Liverpool play them first, they either drop points again or beat them and knock Spurs out of top 4 contention. Spurs (A) could be a dead rubber for them by the time it comes around.

We’re getting that goal difference back, an extra goal per game does it. Could get it in a single game knowing us.

5 and a draw will do the job but I reckon it will be 4 and a draw as these aren’t going unbeaten.

This week will be interesting, arsenal now flat and face a war in Germany against a team that simply has to win that game and those players will be mentally shot if they come back without a win.

Liverpool are done. Somethings very off and palace realised you can get behind Bradley so easily.

We’re about to rip I reckon.

I think that Munich game is going to be very tough for them despite Bayern being poor in their league this season and their manager is on the way out.

They've known the league was gone for a while but still have a lot of quality players that will be desperate to win a Champions League. Bayern will get themselves up for the champions league in my opinion.

The thing is Arsenal and Liverpool play them first, they either drop points again and knock Spurs out of top 4 contention. Spurs (A) could be a dead rubber for them by the time it comes around.
Are the Premier League getting 5 Champions League places next season ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.