The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't won it yet but I am still surprised how easily we broke away from the pack. I thought we'd struggle this season without a proper striker but it just goes to show how class our players are and what a manager Pep is.

We certainly cannot celebrate yet but the position we have put ourselves in means that L/pool and Chelsea will be under huge pressure not to drop a single point which of course is not going to happen. We will not be playing with that kind off pressure from hereonin. If anything I see the gap widening.

I bloody love our winter winning streaks!

There's a long way to go yet. I don't think we're unbeatable, and I think both Liverpool and Chelsea will hit strong runs of form before too long.

Just need to keep pushing forward, relentless like we know how to be. I'm taking nothing for granted until it's mathematically guaranteed, and that's a long way off. But this is a great position to be in.

Do you actually bloody think that?

I'd rather you were just almighty bravado posturing than actually believed it.

Anyone who thinks Pep Guardiola would ever give up a 13 point lead in a league season is an idiot, lying or a desperate liverpool fan.

The constant “pretend we’re still neck and neck so we’re not cocky” thing is so small time.

I wonder what that does to your CL aspirations. Being on the beach so early in the season is quite an interesting situation to navigate.

Didn’t hurt last year, I think the competition for places in the squad is at the point now where we don’t need external motivation from the league table to have everyone going 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.