The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dippers are on track to get 80 points, Chelsea to get 78 points.

Even if the dippers somehow put a run together to match our current points per game of 2.53 for the final 18 games they could only get 87 points.

I suspect 84 points will be enough to win the league this season so 31 points.

9 wins and 4 draws still allows 4 defeats as well.
I think we should call them the diapers, it sounds more in line with what they are ;-)

It’s hardly the most shocking opinion on the planet. It would take a huge swing for us to lose the league from here. Not only would the eventual winner have to completely turn their form around (which seems unlikely with AFCON for Liverpool and the CWC for Chelsea), we would have to start dropping points left right and centre. If we beat Chelsea in a fortnight I reckon most of the bookies would have paid out.
john-curtice.jpg

Glad I’m not the only one to erase last season’s final from the mind.
there’s every chance we could lose a one off game. My point is we won’t take our foot off the gas as we have very high standards. First title under pep and we won the league and proceeded to win 100 points. Liverpool won it miles ahead and got pissed up and let their standards drop considerably. We won’t do that.

Do you actually bloody think that?

I'd rather you were just almighty bravado posturing than actually believed it.

Unfortunately I think that was one of the reasons as to why we lost the CL final last season. Between winning the title (early) and the final itself, we didn’t play our perceived strongest side once. There were a lot of changes each week and we never again saw the lineups that went up against Dortmund or PSG.

The points gap helped us get to the final of course as we rested players in the league with the title close but by the end of the season those 1/4 and 1/2 final games were a month away and we lost momentum.

Perhaps an FA Cup Final would keep us freshened up…
It didn't help that a few senior players looked like they were shitting there pants walking out to the pitch and went on to play that way too.

I think people are getting too carried away with the Afcon tournament.
Even players getting to the final itself are only going to miss only a few premier league games.
Mane, Mendy, Salah Mahrez Ziyech can't all get to the final.
Agreed. Liverpool play, at most, Brentford and Palace, and they aren't easy games, as we know, but they're also very winnable without Salah and Mane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.