The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally different scenario if city lose just one game and Liverpool win the equivalent game. Lead cut to five points, lfc supporting media willing them on, referees decisions favouring them, PL bosses wanting lfc to win the title. Pep knows how easy it is for the tide to turn and that's what will hopefully carry us over the line. We're also like a machine, our opposition know that so every win puts a nail in their coffin and for them every game is even more important. I just don't want us to lose this title to lfc, it will be considered the most famous title win ever ever.

United will finish on 86 pts now they're back, so 87pts will win it....

I can't see Liverpool challenging. Maybe they'll find more character with Salah, Mane and Keita away and on their return will really push for the title...but their results so far have shown a soft centre and they've only had two good seasons in recent memory so do they really have the ability to string together a run of 10 plus wins in a row? I doubt it.

I reckon they'll end up on about 86pts.

Think we'll need 10 wins and a couple of draws from the last 16 games. That'll put us on 87 points.

Means Liverpool will need to win 14 of their last 17 games.

Think we'll need 10 wins and a couple of draws from the last 16 games. That'll put us on 87 points.

Means Liverpool will need to win 14 of their last 17 games.
Assuming you have the maths right, and I've no reason to doubt/check.
When put that starkly it is pretty amazing that we're in this position. Our run has been phenomenal - yet again

I don’t normally embrace the “they’ve done it before they know how to win titles” argument - if that were true there wouldn’t be so few back to back champions. But when a side has formed a dynasty by winning the title 3 seasons out of 4 then I think collective and individual knowledge and recognition of how to negotiate difficult moments does become a factor especially given that we have experience of leading and trailing in a title run in

Points after 22 games under Guardiola:

2017/18 - 62 points (100)
2021/22 - 56 points (?)
2018/19 - 53 points (98)
2020/21 - 50 points (86)
2019/20 - 47 points (81)
2016/17 - 43 points (78)

We have three more points than we did at this stage in 2018/19 when we finished on 98 points and are on course for 97 points if we maintain our current rate of points per game.

Points after 22 games under Guardiola:

2017/18 - 62 points (100)
2021/22 - 56 points (?)
2018/19 - 53 points (98)
2020/21 - 50 points (86)
2019/20 - 47 points (81)
2016/17 - 43 points (78)

We have three more points than we did at this stage in 2018/19 when we finished on 98 points and are on course for 97 points if we maintain our current rate of points per game.

We won 14 on the bounce to get to that. So I’m going for around 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.