The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still very healthy but not over by a long shot.

Need to be quicker in our play and to take our chances.

Liverpool’s maximum is 96 points. That’s 39 points away for us.

Liverpool are on for an 82 point season going off PPG so far. That’s 25 points away for us.

But Liverpool could have a better second half of the season than they did first, so it’s likely to be about a quarter of the way between those two totals, which is ~86 points. That’s 29 points away for us.

The key game is when we play each other on 9th April.

Liverpool only 6 points behind if they win tomorrow, as their game in hand is Leeds. We need to bounce straight back with a win in the next league game.
Agree we have to expect LiVARpool to get the two wins so 6 point gap, 3 if they beat us at Etihad

The league is far away from over. If Liverpool wins their games, the gap down to 6 points. 6 points is not big difference. The race continue.

The league is far away from over. If Liverpool wins their games, the gap down to 6 points. 6 points is not big difference. The race continue.

If they win at ours it's also down to 3.

This is far from over.

Playing and beating the Dippers in the CL QF is very appealing, but let's get past Sporting first.
Not for me we seem to do dreadful every time we draw another English team in the champions league, I want to stay well clear of them.

Far from over hope it's brought a few people who have been saying it's over back down to earth.

Has it fuck.

Not that I'm worried about it, still well ours to lose. But there are still 15 games to play.

If they win at ours it's also down to 3.

This is far from over.

Yes, also we have difficult games. I believe to the team and Pep. But it’s not over yet.
54be0006a8c839f58ea898f5c8943bbb.jpg

IF Liverpool win tomorrow, we'd stll have say 75% chance to win the league from here, and that's a great position to be in.

Of course, it's not over. I struggle to understand the point of claiming the league is over. Pep's teams go on incredible winning runs because they control better the games than other teams. But even they can't control luck, injuries, VAR, etc. We never managed to win 6-7 games in a row in 19/20. Laporte got injured, Stones had problems, Otamendi was over the hill...Shit happens, even to the best teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.