The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be real, this Liverpool team deserves more than one league title. They're better than most sides that won the league in the years we didn't. They're just unlucky to exist at the same time as Pep Guardiola, Kevin de Bruyne and co at the peak of their powers.

It's like being able to run 100m in 9.65 seconds ten years ago. That's an incredible achievement, but sorry, you just happen to be competing at the same time as Usain Bolt so no gold medal for you!
Nah, mate!

If anything they should have had a ten year ban from Europe after Heysel and a ten year cap on transfers and transfer fees. The cunts pretty much got away with it and took the entirety of English football backwards as we all got banned from Europe with them because of them.

So they deserve fuck all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Southampton could be harder than many think, especially if City do pick up points at West Ham.

Liverpool play Saturday night in the FA Cup Final and will likely be without Fabinho. It's a quick turnaround for them, especially if there is extra time at Wembley.

I suspect if City win on Sunday, Liverpool will start to play the percentages and go lighter if they lose the FA Cup final and with a Champions League final to also factor.

Last night's win at Wolves was huge. We have a margin of error that means Liverpool can't go all out for goals against Southampton without leaving the back door also open.
Southampton will be very hard for them or very easy. They don’t do anything in between

No chance that they won't beat Saints. Unless....

We win on sunday, and they then throw in the towel in the league and rest some of their big hitters for the CL final. Particularly if Chelsea dick them on saturday.
Not a chance of Klopp throwing in the towel with two games to play. He’ll genuinely believe that if City can score 5 at Wolves then Liverpool can score as many if not more at anfield. And Southampton can be very poor. Even if Klopp thinks the title is out of reach he’ll know that if he waves the white flag it would severely tarnish his reputation with their fans. Which I think is important to him.

The thing about resting players is a double edged sword. Some of them need to keep playing. Liverpool and Spurs both had a couple of weeks off before the 18/19 CL final and both sets of players looked sluggish and tired

A lot of this talk of the cult racking up cricket scores to catch up on goal difference reminds me of what the rags and their media cheerleaders were saying when they faced Swansea at home the same weekend we beat Newcastle in 2012.
Think they only won 1-0, pretty sure the Swans players were partly motivated by the disrespect they were shown by all and sundry pre match.
And of course, then we have Dwight Gayle and Crystanbul…

While I agree with the sentiments the big issue for us is we have no central defence and the Hammers, especially with Valencia & Bowen, will be well motivated for many reasons to make the most of it. I can see us dropping points here. Can only hope that someone comes back to fill the void for the last game.
Who's Valencia?

Southampton could be harder than many think, especially if City do pick up points at West Ham.

Liverpool play Saturday night in the FA Cup Final and will likely be without Fabinho. It's a quick turnaround for them, especially if there is extra time at Wembley.

I suspect if City win on Sunday, Liverpool will start to play the percentages and go lighter if they lose the FA Cup final and with a Champions League final to also factor.

Last night's win at Wolves was huge. We have a margin of error that means Liverpool can't go all out for goals against Southampton without leaving the back door also open.

I agree re Southampton - the Dippers have a big occasion at the weekend - hopefully it will go to extra time and pens…. Southampton and their manager in particular are under pressure - they need both a performance and a result. Let’s hope Ward Prowse has his shooting boots on.

Nah, mate!

If anything they should have had a ten year ban from Europe after Heysel and a ten year cap on transfers and transfer fees. The cunts pretty much got away with it and took the entirety of English football backwards as we all got banned from Europe with them because of them.

So they deserve fuck all!
Spot on, this is always conveniently forgot when they talk about European glory, I mention it every time they have a go about our European history, I suggest that our one European trophy had far more glory than all theirs because nobody lost their lives due to the crass behaviour of our fans, every European trophy they win is tainted by the deaths of those poor Italians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.