The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players are supposed to be released by their clubs on 27th December so maybe a couple more games than that. Might even see Senegal and Egypt getting as far as 6th Feb which will also impact the matches on 9th Feb
plus potential covid hotels when arriving back in the UK

Much depends on the next 6 games.

IF Liverpool/Chelsea win 15-16 from the next 18 pts, then 90+ pts may be needed. If they win 12-13 pts, then 88 pts.

I think it's likely that at least one from Liverpool and Chelsea will reach 86-88 pts.

Chelsea have problems now, but also some important injuries. Once they get key players like Kante, Kovacic and Lukaku fit, they will get going again.

Liverpool are quite strong now. I think they play probably better than when they won the title but are not as lucky as back then. They won't get to 95 pts, but 88-90 is a possibility, provided they won't get far in the cups. If they try to win everything, a poor finish may be on the cards.

We can probably win 92 pts, especially if Kevin hits form, and we can reach the last stages of the CL and the FA Cup. To win 92 pts, we can afford 6 draws, or 2 losses and 3 draws. If another team can do better than us, fair play.

plus potential covid hotels when arriving back in the UK
Hasn’t thought of that as well. Algeria should also progress to the latter stages, might even repeat their win from 2019 so we’ll be without Mahrez for a while too.

I never thought anything would come close to the intensity of the title race in 2018/19 when we were neck and neck with Liverpool and had to win our last 14 games just to finish a point in front of them but this season has the potential to push it very close.

We may not need 98 points this time but to finish ahead of both Klopp's Liverpool and Tuchel's Chelsea will be almost if not equally as difficult. It's hard to compare the two seasons but if we did win it, I think it could match 18/19 as an achievement especially considering there's no Aguero this time although some will say having no striker is to our advantage.

I never thought anything would come close to the intensity of the title race in 2018/19 when we were neck and neck with Liverpool and had to win our last 14 games just to finish a point in front of them but this season has the potential to push it very close.

We may not need 98 points this time but to finish ahead of both Klopp's Liverpool and Tuchel's Chelsea will be almost if not equally as difficult. It's hard to compare the two seasons but if we did win it, I think it could match 18/19 as an achievement especially considering there's no Aguero this time although some will say having no striker is to our advantage.
Yeah bollocks to that ha!

Hasn’t thought of that as well. Algeria should also progress to the latter stages, might even repeat their win from 2019 so we’ll be without Mahrez for a while too.
The difference is that without Mahrez there is no drop off
Whereas there is a huge difference in quality between the players that step in for Salah and Manè

I think 90+ points should do it, we’ll see Liverpool and Chelsea start to drop more points over the next 6 calendar weeks, the latter has already started.

I reckon we’ll get 92 points and win it with 2 games to spare.

had my first 2018/2019 moment yesterday. Been to Salisbury and back, 8+ hours in the car, sat down knackered to put on final score and hear Origi goal. next actions was to throw remote at the patio door.

going to be a long 6 months if that continues to happen :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.