The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool and Chelsea are playing balls out football, right on the limit of their squad and talent.

City, however, are playing in third gear and have at least another three to move through and are yet just one point behind.

It's why people are still shocked at the disparity in class when we do turn it up against supposed, superior opponents in Chelsea, Liverpool and Paris.

I can see a maturity which we gained from recent title wins, coupled with an inner belief we will keep churning it out and be in the right position when it calls for it.

Same for the Champions League.

I think this season could be our greatest-ever.

Liverpool and Chelsea are playing balls out football, right on the limit of their squad and talent.

City, however, are playing in third gear and have at least another three to move through and are yet just one point behind.

It's why people are still shocked at the disparity in class when we do turn it up against supposed, superior opponents in Chelsea, Liverpool and Paris.

I can see a maturity which we gained from recent title wins, coupled with an inner belief we will keep churning it out and be in the right position when it calls for it.

I think this season could be our greatest-ever
If we somehow manage to win the PL and the CL together in the same season only then we will have a big media fanfare and the credit we as one of the defining teams in football history. It could happen this year. especially if we have a PL title race till the last day, because that will inturn help the team focused and competitive till the end. one of the reason for our CL loss I believe is that the team lost its edge after playing so many irrelevant games.

I think this season could be our greatest-ever.

I really agree with the maturity angle.

It feels very Hamilton/Verstappen, Djokovic/Berrettini. Experienced winners vs. Upstarts. We're not bothered by looking good, not trying to impress anyone or get ahead early.

It's just very experienced, calm, football. Grind them down, win, move on.

These guys are going for their 4th title in 5 years and it shows.

Most of Chelsea's squad have never won a league title and Liverpool seem to have a need to prove it wasn't a one off. 1 title in 7 years isn't a great record for Klopp considering he's supposedly had the best team in the world for 4 of them.

I think we'll get 95+ points and the other 2 won't break 90.

Stevie g will roll over for Liverpool next week and then they’ve got Newcastle, but their late December is harder. Reckon table stays as is for next couple of games and then we’ll get our chance to pull away assuming we don’t stop daft points ourselves of course

City, Liverpool and Chelsea fixtures are all pretty straight forward (on paper) between now and the new year.

New Year’s Day however we’ve got Arsenal the day before Liverpool go to Stamford Bridge. Huge round of fixtures

Full strength team city Chelsea lpool. We are the best. Let’s see how Xmas period & African nations pan out . Very confident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.