The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didnt deserve the point against us at their place, so jury is still out on what they would deserve overall.
When teams take their chances they always deserve what they get.

We were the better team first half but didn’t take our chances. It was an even game second half, arguably they were slightly better, both teams took their chances.

Draw was a fair result.

Thanks mate! Tbh it’s more the Liverpool fans gloating on social media that’s doing my head in so might stay off Twitter for a bit! Your right about being top it’s a great position to be in at this stage I guess I foolishly thought the league was ours back in Jan and the race now being back on has hit hard. Got some personal things going on as well so just overacting I know…. The Liverpool fans constant gloating just doesn’t help! Cheers
Gloating about what? Nearly being top of the league? If they nearly win the league by the end of the season will they be gloating then?

Don’t forget 2014… “and now you’re gonna believe them, they nearly won the league”!

We were the better team first half but didn’t take our chances. It was an even game second half, arguably they were slightly better, both teams took their chances.

Draw was a fair result.

I thought it was a brilliant performance from us, to come back twice from behind at their place is a real demonstration of character.

Draw was a fair result.
Milner not being sent off, obviously helped them without a doubt.

You can't say there was anything wrong with Liverpool's goals but they were outplayed in both halves overall in my opinion. The second was more even I agree but City still edged it for me.

I disagree that luck doesn't have anything to do with it though or whatever the score is, is always fair just because they scored. There's a big difference between unjust and unfair to my mind. Even with all the correct ref decisions, football isn't always fair, luck plays a big part in it during a full season. You can be outplayed and still win or draw and that's what Liverpool was and there is nothing wrong with that. There's no sentiment that any scorelines should be reversed just by saying City deserved a win on the balance of play.

I'm happy to admit Arsenal in Jan, didn't deserve to lose to City, even Pep admitted they were the better team on the day. All the decisions were correct in that game(never a pen, the sending off was all on the player), they were just a tad unlucky with the small margins that make the difference.

I didn't enjoy the shithousery from Rodri any less, in spite of that though. In fact, it's rare City fans get to enjoy moments like that, these days. When you're the better team, it's more likely you're on the receiving end of shithouse wins.

Oh do shut up.

Not having a backup plan to Kane has got nothing to do with Jack Grealish.

When it rains, is it it Jack’s fault as well? Maybe he also had a word in Putin’s ear and caused a war too?
err, we were taking about going into this season without a replacement striker. We could afford 100 million for yet another midfielder while up top we are sadly lacking. Our team is so talented we may get away with it, but why take that chance ?. Like I said anything we win this year will be done while being handicapped by our own decisions. Just my opinion that's all.

It occurred to me last night that 15 of the 17 points we’ve dropped this season have been against just 3 teams - Spurs, Palace, and Saints. We’ve failed to win a single one of our 6 games against those teams and of course we’ve played all three of those in our last 7 games. Spurs and Palace in particular have been teams that have caused us problems throughout Pep’s time here. The only other game where we dropped points was the 2-2 draw away to Liverpool.

I’m not saying that now those three teams are out of the way, we’re not dropping any more points this season bar maybe Liverpool, but I thought it was an interesting stat that may (or may not) have some significance during the run-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.