The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa's best defender is out for season apparently went off beginning 2nd half v palace. If we cant beat them to win league last day of season and lose title we dont deserve it. I was at qpr kissing zabba on forehead and first fan to vinny screaming at each other nose to nose in delirious happiness. We will batter shite out of villa so put the tampaxs away

That doesn't mean we bottled it.

No team wins every game but only City get accused of "bottling it" every time we don't. Which considering we're one game away from winning a fourth title in five years with another +90 point season makes it an even more weird accusation.

We're the antithesis of bottlers.
I agree, I think we've just been extremely unlucky. Over the last few games we've conceded perhaps 4-5 shots and they've all been scored, West Ham had two shots on target yesterday and they scored both. Madrid had two shots on target in the last minute of the second leg of the Champions League semi and they scored both, it was their first shots of the whole game!

Liverpool meanwhile have won two cup finals so far but they haven't scored a single goal in any of them, they've won two penalty shootouts, no-one can say that is a better mentality, it's just luck. If Mount didn't miss his penalty then who knows how it could of ended not to mention the Chelsea goalkeeper who missed in the Carabao final.

We haven't got to 90 points by bottling it, we've got there by doing our thing. Unfortunately though we aren't in 3 other competitions anymore because unlike others results and circumstances just haven't gone our way.

Villa's best defender is out for season apparently went off beginning 2nd half v palace. If we cant beat them to win league last day of season and lose title we dont deserve it. I was at qpr kissing zabba on forehead and first fan to vinny screaming at each other nose to nose in delirious happiness. We will batter shite out of villa so put the tampaxs away

As long as it isn't Tyrone Mings,we need him to start.

That performance has not given me much confidence for next week. Thankfully it’s 7 days away so enough time to get today’s performance out of the system.
But it was the hardest game in recent weeks. Playing West Ham who have quality all over the pitch away from home in an emotional atmosphere wasnt going to be easy. Besides they were always going to work on the counter against our much weakened defence. TBH it should make us more confident about Villa, out ability to come back and find a way through that West Ham defence was admirable. My only concern for next week is their attacking threat Cortinho, Watkins and Ings. We need to be aware and somewhat cautious throughout the game.

Saw Villa at Burnley a couple of weeks ago they looked good but Burnley poor. They dominated Burnleys midfield which was non existent. However we are not Burnley and our midfield will not let then walk through and score at will. They face a tough last home game on Thursday and doubt Villa will want to do the unpatriotic scousers any favours whatever Gérard says. Hopefully they will be on the beach and ready to enjoy a title celebration at our place.

But it was the hardest game in recent weeks. Playing West Ham who have quality all over the pitch away from home in an emotional atmosphere wasnt going to be easy. Besides they were always going to work on the counter against our much weakened defence. TBH it should make us more confident about Villa, out ability to come back and find a way through that West Ham defence was admirable. My only concern for next week is their attacking threat Cortinho, Watkins and Ings. We need to be aware and somewhat cautious throughout the game.

Plus the fact that Mahrez should of ensured the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.